Giants named Geno Smith their new starting QB.

adeltaY

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":mv0si13z said:
ivotuk":mv0si13z said:
Soooo, break his starting streak? What a shitty move. Buffalo Billesque.
Meh, as Kid pointed out, he's choosing the worse option, likely out of ego. This is a guy, after all, who refused to play for the team who drafted him, forcing a trade as a rookie.

I'm fine with him getting a little butt-hurt in his NFL golden years.

I strongly disagree that Manning declined the starts to protect his ego. In fact, McAdoo offering him a token few snaps to keep the streak alive is an insult Manning, Geno, and everyone involved. I think it was selfless of Manning because he said the point of starting is to go out there and win and that going out there knowing you won't be playing the whole game isn't right. He got screwed and handled it like a pro. Respect to him.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Nobody knows what his real mental outlook on it is except for him, but reducing play on the starting QB - most important position on the field, obviously - to prevent injury when you know there's no chance at the postseason is a real possibility. Look at how fans react when a starter gets injured in the 4th quarter of a blowout...the entire rest of the season's a 4th quarter blowout that they're on the losing side of.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Well that's exactly what he said in his locker room interview, so unless he was lying, that's his mental outlook.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
adeltaY":31eg2syz said:
Well that's exactly what he said in his locker room interview, so unless he was lying, that's his mental outlook.
Annnnnnd this is where we differ wildly. You believe what people say in front of TV cameras. Personally, I think it's always a coin toss at best as to whether a player's being truthful in front of cameras.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Lol okay, watch the video, he seems to be holding back tears and the outpouring of support from previous Giant players and others across the league seems to indicate he's a standup guy. I guess it doesn't matter though, not our QB or team.