Give Bevell a pay raise

ducks41468

Reaction score
Also worth noting, after the Titans responded to our opening TD of the 2nd half to take a 16-14 lead, the offense then gained 16 yards and 1 1st down combined on its next two drives, allowing Tennessee to put the game away. So yes, the offense definitely takes a lot of blame here. That TD to open the half is basically our only meaningful sustained drive this season that didn't occur under the 2-minute offense or when we weren't playing from well behind.

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
lacenterhawk":26ewxewx said:
cymatica":26ewxewx said:
Flyingsquad23":26ewxewx said:
Please point out how this was Bevell's fault

Did you watch the game or you just use stats in a vacuum? Almost all of that was on the hurry up, which they refused to run until the last minute. By then the defense was worn out.

Did you actually watch the game?

I did, the defense needs to do what they get paid so much to do

Our offense is by far the worst in the league. The consecutive 3 and outs ruin everything.

Pete's ball control offense doesn't work when you control the ball for 1:30 at a time. TOP is only harder when you have shorter rest times

Optimus25

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3lhuknpj said:
The offense sucked in the first half and the defense sucked in the second while the coaches sucked all game.

You can't really argue one was worse than the other. The offense's slow start may have led to more wearing down on defense however.

Last week we gave up a bunch of chunk runs too though.

Well said. Suck was everywhere, hell even Ryan seemed off early.

The biggest problem though is the offense and the slow starts and anyone caring about anything else is in a weird, sad state of denial.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
To me, this one is clearly on the Defense's shoulders.

We had zero offensive turnovers and they scored 30 points ON THE DEFENSE.

The O-line was somewhat of an issue today at times, but it seemed to be better than last week, at least during pass protection, post game grading will tell the tale on that one.

You can't overlook the fact that the Titans are a good run defense as well, we should have had problems running against them unless we played way over our heads but we didn't.

GO HAWKS!!!

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
Optimus25":skwt8z9v said:
NFSeahawks628":skwt8z9v said:
The offense sucked in the first half and the defense sucked in the second while the coaches sucked all game.

You can't really argue one was worse than the other. The offense's slow start may have led to more wearing down on defense however.

Last week we gave up a bunch of chunk runs too though.

Well said. Suck was everywhere, hell even Ryan seemed off early.

The biggest problem though is the offense and the slow starts and anyone caring about anything else is in a weird, sad state of denial.

So because we disagree it is denial. I thought it was only the homers who judged others. The defense has 8 pro bowlers, I expect more from them for the money they are paid. Hold it together and the offense will show up.

SchadyHawk

Reaction score
I think the problem with saying that the defense wore down is that the offense came out of halftime and scored on a beautiful drive and then the defense gave up the huge play for a TD directly after. Yeah the offense went three and out after that but they shouldn't have been that tired because it was a quick 55 yard today. Then the defense gave up the Murray run that put us down 30-14. Defense didn't play the way they should in the second half and those 2 big plays cost them the game

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
SchadyHawk":2bnect10 said:
I think the problem with saying that the defense wore down is that the offense came out of halftime and scored on a beautiful drive and then the defense gave up the huge play for a TD directly after. Yeah the offense went three and out after that but they shouldn't have been that tired because it was a quick 55 yard today. Then the defense gave up the Murray run that put us down 30-14. Defense didn't play the way they should in the second half and those 2 big plays cost them the game

Be careful of thoughts like this. You might be classified as a homer. Does not matter if what you say makes since :2thumbs:

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
SchadyHawk":1l38l4ln said:

The defense also came out at half time playing with a 20:10 TOP disparity.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Look around the league, time disparity happens in almost every game. And yet teams find ways to win...

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Packers faced almost exactly the same thing and yet they won....is their D better? Hell no

T.O.P is not the end all metric

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2e3rjs2t said:
Packers faced almost exactly the same thing and yet they won....is their D better? Hell no

T.O.P is not the end all metric

Is Cincy in the same league as Tennessee, are they a playoff calibre team? no

Was Cincy at home? no, little easy to pull a little extra juice out of the home crowd

Did Green Bays defense have to battle intense heat...

TOP is not the end all metric but you get a tough team on the road in brutal heat that your team is not accustomed to and your defense spends way too much time on the field and it can lead to breakdowns and we saw it.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Cincy ranked #8 points allowed. And it was in the high 70's so I'm guessing the field was hotter. Are you suggesting the only way the Hawks 4 time top ranked D can only win 4 qrt games played n cool home weather?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
This game played out EXACTLY the way I expected. With the exception of the first drive of the second half. Where the hell did that come from? Did Bevell have trouble pinching it off in the locker room and was late getting to the sideline so someone else called that series?