Glowinski

Ozzy

Reaction score
One of my worries is the Strength and Conditioning program being used for the Seahawks. A few NFL teams have gone to a wierd core centric type routine, at the expense of traditional strength training and its not a good idea. Mariners did it too for a few years but have recently gone back to a more traditional approach. I have no idea who the strength coach is but its something I need to check out I guess before assuming the worst. Offensive Guards don't need to be standing on bosu balls, they need heavy barbell work imo.

Back to the OP'S point, I'm going to give them a pass and see how they do this week. I'm hoping it was a little bit of an outlier.

cymatica

Reaction score
sdog1981":1ie5vkkc said:
At this point, the checklist looks like this.

Did Cable want that player? If yes he sucks

Has Cable coached that player? If yes he sucks

Cable is the anit-coach.

Lol, this! Ive always been a bevell critic but i would rather keep him over cable.

I think it's much more about coaching and scheme than the player selected. We always seem to get the most out of our draft picks on defense, or even our wr's(except kearse). No coincidence the o-line has always been a problem. Just look at lynches stats for yards before contact.

Mojambo

Reaction score
It takes a VERY long time for young players to pick up Cable's (in my opinion) too complicated blocking system.

I think Cable's system is a terrible fit, particularly for an organization that doesn't appear to prioritize long term investment on the offensive line.

If I had my choice, I'd have Cable gone LONG before Bevell.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Glowinski is the second best lineman on the team right now.

He's improved steadily since last year.

We must remember lineman take time to develop as aggravating as that may be.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Largent80":36dnpu98 said:
I hear everyone ragging on the rookie Hunt starting his first game, and the rest of the line having major issues with Britt out.

But what about Glowinski?

When I re-watched this game and even went back to the Philly game I was astounded after focusing on him.

He has started every game this year and even was the choice in the pre season. That is 11 regular season games and 4 pre season games, and he was absolutely DREADFUL against Tampa and Philly.

Yet, Cable pulls Gilliam for the plodding too big for the system Sowell. Why is Glowinski getting a pass for bad play?

Probably because this is his first year starting, so basically his rookie year of game experience.

If coaches ripped every player that didn't pan out his first year like fans did, you'd have 50 jerseys in your closet.

Or you'd just quit buying them altogether.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
He has a year in the system despite not starting. A YEAR of knowing the system and practicing in it. I just am not seeing much.

McGruff

Reaction score
I think it is really hard to evaluate any of these guys in a vacuum.

Fant hasn't played Football since middle school, and his right hand man is a redshirt rookie

Glowinski is the red shirt rookie surrounded by a middle school football dropout and a first time time we all thought would be cut in camp.

Britt is that guy we all wanted cut in camp surround by a red shirt rookie and a raw rookie playing guard for the first time in his life.

Ifedi is that raw rookie playing guard for the first time in his life, working between a first time center we all wanted cut, and two failed left tackles who play right tackle by default.

Sowell is, well, Bradley Sowell!

None of these guys has the experience or veteran support they need. Basically all a bunch of rookies with no one to lean on.

I say give it time, do the best we can this year, which has gotten us this far, and pray for continued growth and continuity and maybe only change one position per year would be nice.

sdog1981

Reaction score

Probably because this is his first year starting, so basically his rookie year of game experience.

If coaches ripped every player that didn't pan out his first year like fans did, you'd have 50 jerseys in your closet.

Or you'd just quit buying them altogether.[/quote]

Dude Cable is almost at that 50 jersey number now. That is how many players has not "fit his system" So where is the problem is it with the 50+ players the Seahawks have signed? Or is it more likely the one coach?

There 252 college football teams in both FBS and FCS also 32 NFL teams. Let's just say they each have ONLY 10 linemen that means there are 2840 linemen per year. This dude's system is so complex he can't find 5 starters? That is on Cable.

bighawk

Reaction score
They need to go to a power base scheme while sprinkling a little zone Schenectady. Pulling guards something different.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Lol a year.. A YEAR!

That's not enough time to see how someone fits, sorry.