God have mercy on the Jaguars

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
davidonmi":18ghsu99 said:
671hawk":18ghsu99 said:
Spread is at -17
ur kidding, in the NFL

Seattle played terribly and beat SF by 26.

The Jaguars may not score and Seattle will definitely be in the 20s. Probably in the 30s or even 40s.

Happy

Reaction score
chihawk":3gt5bub6 said:
Do not over look anyone! This is the NFL and there are a lot of professional football players with pride on the line. They will get up to play the Seahawks and the Seahawks are coming off of a very emotional win...it may be hard for them to regroup and refocus for next week. If the Seahawks come to play, then they win, but if they are coming in with the mindset that they just have to show up to get a W, they could be in trouble. .

yeah but.......

Jaguars. West coast game.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2nzbl9bv said:
You know Gus Bradley has to be thinkimg to himself wtf did I do?

I doubt it. He gets to build a team from the ground up. Everyone will remember how bad they were when he started. In 3 years, if the jags have a playoff win, he will look like a genius.

HansGruber

Reaction score
671hawk":1j0fqx76 said:
Spread is at -17

Yuck. I'd leave that alone, since we're playing against Gus Bradley. He's a defensive-minded coach who knows our system and players well. I'm not sure we'll win by more than 17, and I'm fully expecting the entire NFL to say we're not a quality 3-0 team because that win won't be "impressive" either. We are going to slaughter Jacksonville on defense, but I think they'll probably do a decent job of keeping our offense in check.

Happy

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3bfpxepq said:
The line moved to -20.

Yeah, I'm not going to go that far.

Sounds like Vegas is having a hard time attracting action for this game.

Don Sowell

Reaction score
sadhappy":2abcwp64 said:
Smelly McUgly":2abcwp64 said:
The line moved to -20.

Yeah, I'm not going to go that far.

Sounds like Vegas is having a hard time attracting action for this game.

No surprise there. This is arguably the largest gulf between teams that is possible in the NFL today. Only Denver has a legitimate claim to being in our league and even if Jacksonville traveled to Colorado, they'd likely pick up a few points while Manning would call off the dogs after 4 or 5 TDs. They're not Baltimore, after all.

Against Seattle, they're unlikely to score at all. The bottom line, there's a limiting factor to how many points a team will be willing to score and both the Hawks and Broncos would probably get into that range against the Jags. But Seattle would give up less.

This puppy is sailing farther every time I post.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Yea, this has the makings of a classic trap game, but I don't think our guys are looking at it like a gimme. Also, I'd imagine Wilson will want to do far better than he did last night. He's going to want to come out and have a great game. And it's going to be a hugely tough task for Jacksonville in terms of talent and travel alone.

Jag4life00

Reaction score
Cad":1i2y5yiz said:
The Jags were just in Oakland today to play the Raiders. They have to go to the West Coast twice in one week. And the second time for the honor of playing us at home.

But, yeah, I do think Pete eases off the throttle if the Hawks are up big late. Gus is a branch of his coaching tree, after all.

I think they're staying out there on the west coast this week, not that it will change much but they're trying to avoid the time zone difference two weeks in a row.