GoFalcons

rlkats

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3kmpa2yh said:
rlkats":3kmpa2yh said:
Blatant steering? C'mon that's a bit much. If this was a Niners reciever and a Hawks D you all would be on the pulpit saying INC Pass. It looked like a inc pass to me, to you all a completed pass. Fans of both teams had stake in that play. Niners fans wear nines favored glasses and hawk fans wear hawk favored glasses. Plain and simple truth
Full disclosure I’m a Hawk’s Homer. 8)
.... But the Ball clearly hit the top of his foot. As for the “steering” it wasn’t only that call, but the 2 bogus roughing the passer penalty’s on ATL that extended drives, plus a few others.

Go to the Denial Zone and read the posts of a couple of your brethren that post here that are complaining that officiating cost your team the game, even though a large majority of calls going the 49’ers way.
Credit to a couple of posters there that called them out on it however.

Ya refs didn't lose the game. My niners were flat and looked wore out. This was a complete team loss from the coach all the way down.

Hey at least we can now win the division in Seattle this year, if we beat the rams ;)

Marvin49

Reaction score
So was at the game and am just now in a position to post.

So, to be clear, there were a number of factors that went into that loss...most notably being down Sherman, Tartt, Williams, Ford, and Jones and they were incapable of covering Julio Jones on the same damn crossing route or covering the TE on a screen all day...but reality is that it was much more than that.

They just looked lethargic all day. Perhaps the gauntlet of the last three weeks caught up? Perhaps it was a lull in the schedule between that aforementioned gauntlet and the Rams and Seahawks games...dunno. They just couldn't get anything going all day on either side of the ball. It was really the first time I saw them look like that all year. Yes the Ravens and Seahawks played them tough, but this was just different...like their energy was just sapped away. I mean the Saints lost to Atlanta and the Ravens lost to the Browns....stuff happens.

So yeah...while there were some factors personnel wise and there were some bad calls IMO (tho they largely went both ways and not in favor of one team over the other), the bottom line to me is they just had a pretty damn bad day at the office. Just wasn't to be today.

Good news from them is that the MASH unit didn't lose anyone new this week and that the Seahawks loss to the Rams last week meant the 49ers COULD lose to either the Rams or Falcons and still win the division with a win in Seattle.

Well, today eliminated the cushion. If Niners beat the Rams and Seahawks, they are still the #1 seed in the NFC. If they keep playing like they did today tho they will be eliminated in the Wild Card Round.

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin49":2n2cyban said:

So, to be clear, there were a number of factors that went into that loss...most notably being down Sherman, Tartt, Williams, Ford, and Jones and they were incapable of covering Julio Jones on the same damn crossing route or covering the TE on a screen all day...but reality is that it was much more than that.

They just looked lethargic all day. Perhaps the gauntlet of the last three weeks caught up? Perhaps it was a lull in the schedule between that aforementioned gauntlet and the Rams and Seahawks games...dunno. They just couldn't get anything going all day on either side of the ball. It was really the first time I saw them look like that all year. Yes the Ravens and Seahawks played them tough, but this was just different...like their energy was just sapped away. I mean the Saints lost to Atlanta and the Ravens lost to the Browns....stuff happens.

So yeah...while there were some factors personnel wise and there were some bad calls IMO (tho they largely went both ways and not in favor of one team over the other), the bottom line to me is they just had a pretty damn bad day at the office. Just wasn't to be today.

Good news from them is that the MASH unit didn't lose anyone new this week and that the Seahawks loss to the Rams last week meant the 49ers COULD lose to either the Rams or Falcons and still win the division with a win in Seattle.

Well, today eliminated the cushion. If Niners beat the Rams and Seahawks, they are still the #1 seed in the NFC. If they keep playing like they did today tho they will be eliminated in the Wild Card Round.

Marvin, it almost looked like they were just going through the motions and didn't seem to be able to get themselves up for this game.

Thanks for the insights

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":20arf6bj said:

Poor 49ers lost because of injuries, pity they are the lone team that has them and uses them as a excuse every time they lose.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
79341565_2974290655950936_8799530413384007680_n.jpg

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":16bmzn3i said:
Marvin49":16bmzn3i said:

Poor 49ers lost because of injuries, pity they are the lone team that has them and uses them as a excuse every time they lose.

Did I say pity them? Did I say injuries were only factor? No. In fact I said the opposite.

Stop with the straw man arguments.

Niner lost and deserved to do so. It was their worst game of the season so far and it was far more than injuries....JUST. AS. I. SAID.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":29526dul said:
Marvin49":29526dul said:

Marvin, it almost looked like they were just going through the motions and didn't seem to be able to get themselves up for this game.

Thanks for the insights

Honestly, thats what it looked like to me as well...but I can't pretend that some of that isn't me just hoping that's the case tho.

If this is the knew normal without Richburg/Jones etc, they are done.

They just looked off all day. I really don't know what to attribute that to.

SF49r

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3e8nz1mq said:
Lol me right now. Honestly I wasnt too surprised we lost this game. The way the Falcons have been playing lately and with the huge emotional win last week it was a recipe for a trap game. The team definitely looked flat today, we looked like the Seahawks last week against the Rams :lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":uvjmf8by said:
chris98251":uvjmf8by said:
Marvin49":uvjmf8by said:

Did I say pity them? Did I say injuries were only factor? No. In fact I said the opposite.

Niner lost and deserved to do so. It was their worst game of the season so far and it was far more than injuries....JUST. AS. I. SAID.

You have been using your injuries as an excuse and pre excuse all season, own it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":3it3t2jf said:
Marvin49":3it3t2jf said:
chris98251":3it3t2jf said:
Marvin49":3it3t2jf said:

You have been using your injuries as an excuse and pre excuse all season, own it.

Please.

Injuries are real. Some teams are hit harder than others.

Are you going to sit there and suggest being down their starting DT, SS, #1CB, Slot CB, and DE had ZERO impact on the game?

Are you going to suggest being down BOTH starting tackles had zero impact earlier in the year? Are you suggesting that not having their #1 and #2 pass catchers vs Seattle had no effect? Of course they did. It would be obtuse to think otherwise. Explanations aren't excuses. They are simply an attempt to figure out WHY something happened.

Saying that being down THREE of your top 5 DBs MIGHT have been a factor isn't exactly earth shattering. Of course every team has injuries, but do you think its some sort of coincidence that suddenly the Niner D looks like a shadow of its former self.?

Pointing that out doesn't excuse the loss but it does explain part of it. I stated in my previous post and the response that injuries weren't the only reason...but instead you choose to attack anyway. If Russell Wilson broke his leg and couldn't play in week 17, is it your stance that you wouldn't even MENTION it as a factor? Please.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":1vt8cvhr said:
chris98251":1vt8cvhr said:
Marvin49":1vt8cvhr said:
chris98251":1vt8cvhr said:

Please.

Are you going to sit there and suggest being down their starting DT, SS, #1CB, Slot CB, and DE had ZERO impact on the game?

Are you going to suggest being down BOTH starting tackles has zero impact earlier in the year. Are you suggesting that not having their #1 and #2 pass catchers vs Seattle had no effect? Of course they did. It would be obtuse to think otherwise.

Saying that being down THREE of your top 5 DBs MIGHT have been a factor isn't exactly earth shattering. Of course every team has injuries, but do you think its some sort of coincidence that suddenly the Niner D looks like a shadow of its former self.?

Pointing that out doesn't excuse the loss but it does explain part of it. I stated in my previous post and the response that injuries weren't the only reason...but instead you choose to attack anyway. If Russell Wilson broke his leg and couldn't play in week 17, is it your stance that you wouldn't even MENTION it as a factor? Please.

Spin as you will, our injuries have been prevalent since day one in one position or groups of positions or another yet you like others would be pissing all over us if we came of using that as the main excuse for losing.

In my mind the GM and coaching comes out when the depth has to be infused into a team to play. Everyone can have potential all stars playing and win, it's when they are not you see how good a staff you really have.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Marvin49":cbt1c4ah said:
chris98251":cbt1c4ah said:
Marvin49":cbt1c4ah said:
chris98251":cbt1c4ah said:

Please.

Are you going to suggest being down BOTH starting tackles had zero impact earlier in the year? Are you suggesting that not having their #1 and #2 pass catchers vs Seattle had no effect? Of course they did. It would be obtuse to think otherwise. Explanations aren't excuses. They are simply an attempt to figure out WHY something happened.

Injuries or not 49ers should've never lost to a 4-9 team from the east coast at home.

On to the Rams.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":1n10kgn0 said:
Marvin49":1n10kgn0 said:
chris98251":1n10kgn0 said:
Marvin49":1n10kgn0 said:

Please.

Are you going to suggest being down BOTH starting tackles has zero impact earlier in the year. Are you suggesting that not having their #1 and #2 pass catchers vs Seattle had no effect? Of course they did. It would be obtuse to think otherwise.

Spin as you will, our injuries have been prevalent since day one in one position or groups of positions or another yet you like others would be pissing all over us if we came of using that as the main excuse for losing.

In my mind the GM and coaching comes out when the depth has to be infused into a team to play. Everyone can have potential all stars playing and win, it's when they are not you see how good a staff you really have.

Who was comparing? Did I say "the Seahawks haven't had as many injuries"? Did I say "the Falcons haven't had as many injuries"?

No. I said the injuries were a factor. They were. At no point did I say they were the "main reason".

I ALSO said the team was off all day and lethargic...which had nothing to do with injuries. You are CHOOSING to spin what I'm saying.

As for what I would say had 'hawk fans blamed injury? DUnno...but neither do you. I've never done what you are saying I would do. Nope. You just made it up to make some point that I'm not yet grasping.

Niners lost because they were flat. They had very little life in them.

The injures were ALSO a factor. The entire point of my original post was to say, "yes, the Niners had a rash of injuries coming out of NO, but they were NOT the primary reason for losing".

Washington49er

Reaction score
Marvin49":3odarhks said:
chris98251":3odarhks said:
Marvin49":3odarhks said:
chris98251":3odarhks said:

Please.

Who was comparing? Did I say "the Seahawks haven't had as many injuries"? Did I say "the Falcons haven't had as many injuries"?

No. I said the injuries were a factor. They were. At no point did I say they were the "main reason".

I ALSO said the team was off all day and lethargic...which had nothing to do with injuries. You are CHOOSING to spin what I'm saying.

As for what I would say had 'hawk fans blamed injury? DUnno...but neither do you. I've never done what you are saying I would do. Nope. You just made it up to make some point that I'm not yet grasping.

Niners lost because they were flat. They had very little life in them.

The injures were ALSO a factor. The entire point of my original post was to say, "yes, the Niners had a rash of injuries coming out of NO, but they were NOT the primary reason for losing".

And Saint 49er rides in again. Now I know why they call you spin Dr.

Washington49er

Reaction score
sutz":8u5r0lhl said:
Maulbert":8u5r0lhl said:
Yeah, I love when Niner fans start going back and forth on our site. :laugh:

Not going back and forth. Just sick of Marv and his need to defend all things 9er. He continues to think he speaks for all of us.

9ers lost to a team they should've easily beaten. Its as simple as that. On to the next two games.

Marvin49

Reaction score
LastRideOut":1jsnc41c said:
Spin spin spin. Marvin's specialty.

Wow.

You guys are loony tunes. I just said the Niners sucked today and got outplayed and I get "spin spin spin".

LOL. Pathetic.