Goin back to our roots. Welcome back to smash mouth Seahawks

byau

Reaction score
kmedic":1ihi8hvt said:
Does trading Percy release of his cap hit for next year? That's a lot of money freed up now to get a difference maker. Who are the big FA WRs out there who would fit in to our style? I think in the long run we are all gonna look back at this and marvel what balls it took by the organization to admit a mistake and move on for the good of the team. Love it.

I believe the reports are saying about 7.5 can be used, another 7.5 is "dead money"

7.5 can be a lot.

King Dog

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2owzusfp said:
Seems to me that Richardson and Percy are very similar types of players. Not sure why Bevell would use him any differently than he used Percy, assuming it was purely his football sense dictating those decisions.

I don't think Richardson and Percy are similar players at all other than both being fast. Obviously I haven't seen him much on the Hawks, but go watch his youtube videos. Richardson was used primarily as a downfield receiver at Colorado from what I saw.

endzorn

Reaction score
I want to see a fullback and two tight ends on first down a few times this week. Tired of Bevell's "which cup is the ball under" style of play calling. Have Sweezy walk up to the line of scrimmage and yell "ITS A RUN" and then run the damn ball right up the A gap. That's better than losing 3 yards on four fake handoffs and a scene pass to a scrub receiver who just ran twelve yards behind the line of scrimmage from one side of the formation to the other.

Leee-roy

Reaction score
7.5M could buy a lot of help on the O line. If the line sucks it doesn't matter what they run. Marshawn will get <3ypc and Wilson will be looking for escape routes instead of for receivers, and play-action don't fool anyone at 3rd and 6.
If you can punch out 4-5 yds running on first down and RW has more than 3 seconds to work with, then things will work out fine. Dallas won the battle in the trenches, (on both sides of the ball), and won the game. I feel like Pete and John don't put enough thought or $$ into the O-line.