Going to Sunday night game at Eagles

GLio14

Reaction score
As the title says.

Just scoping out if anyone here has been to the Linc when the Hawks were there. I've been there as a neutral fan, but never with a rooting interest, and the fans were pretty rabid, not gonna lie.

I shouldn't even have to ask this but has anyone been there and had a negative experience because you were repping Seahawks gear? I'm sitting a couple of rows behind the Hawks bench and I'm really not trying to draw crazy attention to myself, I just wanna enjoy the game.

Fuddhawk

Reaction score
I've been to a few Seahawk games there myself. Don't wear any Seahawks gear and go as a casual fan just watching a game. Why invite trouble....?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Rep your team with pride, and beat the snot out of any who oppose you or cause you grief!

kmeleon

Reaction score
Philly is a tough place to go as an opposing team fan. It's really the only place on the East coast I wouldn't go to a game (unless it was with a big group). I've been to Giants stadium a few times, Foxboro, etc (with my wife in tow) and you'll get some friendly (mostly) harassment but Philly fans just go over the top at times. That being said, if I bought tickets to a Hawks/Eagles game....there is no way I'd go without rep'ing my Hawks gear. Don't let them stop you from cheering for your team. But you'll need thick skin.

classicaaron

Reaction score
you wont get harassed during the game if you keep to yourself as people are always worried about getting thrown out. but win or lose watch yourself on the way out as you walk to the car. I have never NOT had someone get in my face and try to start something. they will either be angry they lost and look to get revenge on you or if they win jump and gloat in your face like you were the one who missed the game winning field goal. its really a lousy place to watch sports, its why I just go to new York or Baltimore instead now.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
GLio14":1lyzkqbp said:
As the title says.

Just scoping out if anyone here has been to the Linc when the Hawks were there. I've been there as a neutral fan, but never with a rooting interest, and the fans were pretty rabid, not gonna lie.

I shouldn't even have to ask this but has anyone been there and had a negative experience because you were repping Seahawks gear? I'm sitting a couple of rows behind the Hawks bench and I'm really not trying to draw crazy attention to myself, I just wanna enjoy the game.

I was at the Vet in 1989 with a small group, the fans there were totally cool on the way in, joking around and all that but once the drinks were down, they were relentless trolls.

Two of the guys in our crew were like a nightmare to be with at football games, it was like saying "BeetleJuice" 3 times. They were bad at the home games in the Kingdome and eventually Seahawks Stadium removed them permanently after MNF 2004 vs. Dallas (a loss) I was ashamed to be with them but they were like a train wreck you just had to see.

It was those two, we will call them Flotsam and Jetsam that made the trip SOOOOO much more entertaining. A very drunk Eagles fan grabbed Flotsam's Seahawks' jacket from the row behind him, it was pretty hot outside so I do not know why he just HAD to bring that coat (to trigger Eagles' fans) There was no discussion, it was a melee bout in which two people somehow took on a dozen that had the high ground and before you knew it it was like the entire section was being knocked over, vendors, security and yes, police. In the end, botrh Flotsam and Jetsam were taken away, we had no idea how to find them and some locals explained that they were being held in the stadium "jail". Sure enough they were there and were released without incident and Flotsam got his jacket back. I heard much later that the fans were so bad that they actually had a JUDGE working there on Sundays to process those fans who needed it. I suppose all the stadiums have some sort of holding area but I never saw one until the Vet. It was a good thing too because the Eagles KILLED us.

Latest posts