Golden State Warriors

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Curry makes his return to the court . . .

[tweet]https://twitter.com/warriors/status/729908384883843072[/tweet]

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawknation2016":ao5j753f said:
In one of the great finishes in pro basketball history, Curry set an NBA record by scoring 17 points in overtime, something never done in a regular-season or postseason game, as the Golden State Warriors rallied past the Portland Trail Blazers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/ ... before-him
That guy may be the best NBA shooter in the game's history. Just mind boggling. Given I'm a Bay Area native color me happy given I've never liked the Trailblazers and the Sonics don't exist anymore.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NBA/status/730065740942827521[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NBAcom/status/730066070233559040[/tweet]

hawknation2016

Reaction score
About time for them to kill the OKC Blunder. :snack:

curry-vs-thunder.gif

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I kind of feel like GS has hit a wall. I honestly think going for the NBA record was one of the worst things that could happen to them. While most of the playoff teams were resting accordingly, GS was going balls to the walls for all 82 games. How did the 16-0 season work out for the Patriots a few years ago? I know Carolina lost a game, but they came up short too. Maybe I'm just being prude, but I think regular season records are dumb. If you win 72 games but don't win a championship then it means nothing.

Curry is either rusty or still playing hurt, he just doesn't look right. While he is still amazing, he isn't doing what he has been doing the last two years.

I don't think people realize how hard it is to win a championship in back to back years either. I think there are so many parallels between this GS team and our Seahawk team. Both came on the scene strong. Neither franchise had really won anything prior to their championships. Both are very young and had the words "dynasty" floating around them after they won their titles. In general, I think most people really liked the Seahawks and Warriors when they first came on the scene, but people grew to hate both of them because of the non-stop media attention and their greatness. If I had to make a bet, I'd bet that the Warriors won't win the championship this year. I think before the playoffs started they were actually around -130 to win the title (risk $130 to win $100).

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":pgfbgor5 said:
I kind of feel like GS has hit a wall. I honestly think going for the NBA record was one of the worst things that could happen to them. While most of the playoff teams were resting accordingly, GS was going balls to the walls for all 82 games. How did the 16-0 season work out for the Patriots a few years ago? I know Carolina lost a game, but they came up short too. Maybe I'm just being prude, but I think regular season records are dumb. If you win 72 games but don't win a championship then it means nothing.

Curry is either rusty or still playing hurt, he just doesn't look right. While he is still amazing, he isn't doing what he has been doing the last two years.

I don't think people realize how hard it is to win a championship in back to back years either. I think there are so many parallels between this GS team and our Seahawk team. Both came on the scene strong. Neither franchise had really won anything prior to their championships. Both are very young and had the words "dynasty" floating around them after they won their titles. In general, I think most people really liked the Seahawks and Warriors when they first came on the scene, but people grew to hate both of them because of the non-stop media attention and their greatness. If I had to make a bet, I'd bet that the Warriors won't win the championship this year. I think before the playoffs started they were actually around -130 to win the title (risk $130 to win $100).

The Warriors are fine. Writing them off this early is very premature.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Like I said... don't write off this team after one loss. They're pretty good.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawknation2016":2phxmvlx said:
54356802.jpg

[tweet]https://twitter.com/warriors/status/733109353763348481[/tweet]

That wasn't even his best highlight tonight either :lol:

Curry must have heard the doubters for the last 2 days. :th2thumbs:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I still stand by my statement that GS peaked in the regular season. Going for the 72 wins was the worst thing that could happen to them. I'm not saying they won't win the series, but they no longer look like a juggernaut. They went like two months without losing a game in the regular season, and now they have dropped 2 in a series. They aren't blowing teams out like they were in the regular season. Just look at the Portland series, they didn't blow out the Blazers once in that series.

If I had to predict, I'd say OKC takes game 4 in a close one. GS wins game 5, and then whoever wins game 6 takes it all.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Draymond not suspended. I personally think he should have, but lets be honest, there wasn't much of a chance the NBA was going to suspend such a big name player in such a big game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He absolutely should have been suspended, but the league is and has always been rigged for the stars. Not a shock at all.

Game 4 winner wins the series IMO.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":4bi6ehw3 said:
I still stand by my statement that GS peaked in the regular season. Going for the 72 wins was the worst thing that could happen to them. I'm not saying they won't win the series, but they no longer look like a juggernaut. They went like two months without losing a game in the regular season, and now they have dropped 2 in a series. They aren't blowing teams out like they were in the regular season. Just look at the Portland series, they didn't blow out the Blazers once in that series.

If I had to predict, I'd say OKC takes game 4 in a close one. GS wins game 5, and then whoever wins game 6 takes it all.
The playoffs are a different animal as always.The team that can rebound and play any kind of D usually wins.I see OK seems to know who to attack and thats Green.SC is not 100% and yeah I think taking that record hurt more than helped for sure.They got the record but if they don't win the title it means nothing.I think OK is hot,rested and more healthy.I think GS will be done even if they win here(out of gas)

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1e6281xc said:
He absolutely should have been suspended, but the league is and has always been rigged for the stars. Not a shock at all.

Game 4 winner wins the series IMO.

It looked inadvertent to me, as he appeared to be trying to draw a foul call, but what do I know.

[youtube]hyKYiC7lHvY[/youtube]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1tz61jwz said:
The playoffs are a different animal as always.The team that can rebound and play any kind of D usually wins.I see OK seems to know who to attack and thats Green.SC is not 100% and yeah I think taking that record hurt more than helped for sure.They got the record but if they don't win the title it means nothing.I think OK is hot,rested and more healthy.I think GS will be done even if they win here(out of gas)

GS rarely had their starters play over 30-32 minutes a night and Curry didn't get hurt until the playoffs. You can't pin them going for the record on that.

I agree if they don't win a title, the 73 win thing is as relevant as 18-1 is for the Patriots.. but they're not down 2-1 because they went for 73 wins, they're down 2-1 because they've had two ice cold halves that buried them in Games 1 and 3. Especially Game 3.

OKC also pushed GS to the brink 2 times in the regular season and folded at the end of games. Not like the Warriors had beat them by 30 every meeting and now are losing. OKC had a stretch where they were just miserable in the 4th quarter and that cost them many wins.. don't let their record fool you, they're every bit as talented as GS and SA (and both teams have found that out).

I think this series will go 7. And could be an instant classic when it's all said and done.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't think the minutes was a huge issue with GS in the regular season as they were able to rest most of their key players late in games due to blowouts. But I think going for the record put a strain on the team as a whole. Even Kerr said near the end of the year that it was taking a toll on them mentally. They had a ton of media coverage and a ton of pressure.

And no one can knock them for going for the record. If we had the Sonics, they would have done the same. If the Seahawks are 12-0, I'd expect them to go for 16-0. While it is cool and everything to have a regular season record, in the grand scheme of things, it usually means little to nothing. In general, people tend to remember champions, individual records and then team records. Lets be honest, I could care less that the Mariners won 116 games in 2001, mainly because we got embarrassed in the playoffs.

It's a mix of GS hitting a wall and OKC peaking at the right time. OKC kind of slept-walked through the regular season and have finally put things together. I have OKC winning tonight, GS in a blowout in game 5, and I think game 6 will pretty much be the deciding game.