Golden Tate

Alex

Reaction score
Golden Tate was dreadful. He gifted the onside kick at the end and was invisible the whole game.

hawk45

Reaction score
Largent80":1a2bk03a said:
Missing_Clink":1a2bk03a said:
Tate at $6+ mil next season? Big fat no thanks. Dude just completely disappears in huge games. We can do better for the money

First you bag on Rice about money and now Tate, get over it, you don't pay their salary and YOU are not on the field getting smashed in the head 40 times a game, Unfortunately.

Yeah...money is a part of the discussion, a HUGE part of the discussion, when discussing a player and whether or not you can keep them.

Alex

Reaction score
At this stage non-performers cost the game

OP
OP
hawkfannj

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Donn2390":nl3n7ns3 said:
hawkfannj":nl3n7ns3 said:
AVL":nl3n7ns3 said:
I remember he was great in the last Rams game, the one that finally clinched the title and home field advantage for us.

A lot of you need to adjust your meds

So that's means its ok to potentially drop those balls tonight and cost us the game ?
I mean he was clutch tonight :sarcasm_on:
OH, I missed it, so we did lose the game? and it was Tate's fault?
Not many real fans on this forum
Lmfao the super fan card ! We are talking about last night jack

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Largent80":1scuaw1k said:
Missing_Clink":1scuaw1k said:
Tate at $6+ mil next season? Big fat no thanks. Dude just completely disappears in huge games. We can do better for the money

First you bag on Rice about money and now Tate, get over it, you don't pay their salary and YOU are not on the field getting smashed in the head 40 times a game, Unfortunately.

Good call dude. It's not like there is a salary cap or anything. It's also not like the Seahawks have any other players who are due for HUGE raises that will eat into that salary cap. Oh wait, that is exactly the situation.

I'm really sorry if you love Tate and/or Rice, but my opinion is that BOTH of them are not worth big money. You can pretend like they are, or pretend that Michael Bennett won't be a free agent, or that Sherm, Thomas and Maxwell aren't all entering a contract year but I'm not going to ignore that fact and the implications therefrom when I consider whether underperforming WRs should be resigned to big contracts.

BWRyan

Reaction score
He dropped a slant and the onside kick. Otherwise, no opportunities. Why single him out? The entire passing game was garbage.

Also, on a team w/ very few offensive playmakers, he's been a bright spot all season. So I find the criticism weird.

Largent80

Reaction score
What affect does money have to do with playing football THIS YEAR?....You know, the year we are trying to win the super bowl?

Does money have anything to do with concussions?.....I'm not getting it.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Largent80":q2lm0c1p said:
What affect does money have to do with playing football THIS YEAR?....You know, the year we are trying to win the super bowl?

Does money have anything to do with concussions?.....I'm not getting it.

Huh? I'm talking about what to do about his impending free agency. I realize he is currently on the team.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Money matters because we are operating under a firm salary cap. That being said, Golden Tate is making just $630k this year so it is pretty funny to bring up his salary while he is playing as our top receiver. Tate is being paid 1/20th of the money of a superstar and has spoiled most of you into thinking he should be performing like one.

There have also been several dozen posts now and not a single mention of Keenan Lewis or whether the rest of the Saints secondary played well. Injuries have forced Tate into being our top receiver and that results in the toughest matchups. A secondary like the Saints is exploitable with your depth receivers because there is a big dropoff after Lewis. That is one of the reasons why we saw some sparks with both Harvin and Tate in. Kearse, Baldwin and Lockette aren't being paid anything either and our opportunity to target their 6th best CB is reduced a bit when we are also playing our 6th best WR.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'm sure hit market value took a hit totally disappearing in such a big game. More fire to the argument that he is just an avg WR and his best fit is to just stick around in Seattle.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Disappearing in this game won't matter for his value if he lights it up next week.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Alex":3kql7p69 said:
Golden Tate was dreadful. He gifted the onside kick at the end and was invisible the whole game.

Ever have a concussion?, yeah I thought not.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Alex":1ofrfzgo said:

No, he was visibly dropping everything that came his way.