Good Organizations know when to cut bait

firebee

Reaction score
I think this was the perfect trade at the perfect time. JS did exactly what I thought we should do after the game last week. I don't think getting rid of Harvin was saying Harvin was a mistake, as much as it was sending a message to the team... Message being... We're not going to have a soft undisciplined cutesy gimmick offense. If you want to be undisciplined, soft and cutesy; you won't be on this team.

byau

Reaction score
When you talk to successful people, they'll tell you that the way to make decisions is

1) gather all current available data
2) make the best decision at that time, see where it takes you

Risky sure, sometimes it doesn't payoff, sometimes it does

When we traded for Percy with those picks, it seemed like the right decision at the time. And it won us a Super Bowl . At this point, listening to Softy's show, it sounds ilke his attitude was a huge issue, even with all that talent, the right decision is to get rid of him.

I'm sad it didn't work out, but I trust these are all the right decisions at the time. And if Percy pans out as a super star on the Jets, so be it. Doesn't mean he would have been here.

Getting rid of a bad apple not only gets rid of the bad apple, but also shows how much you value what the good apples are doing. And is a big statement to current and future players as well.

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
This is a tough one to swallow but I agree about making the tough decision and mannin' up about a bad decsion. I guess we're just gonna' have to win with our new "pedestrian" receivers and a couple guys named Wilson and the Beast. You know........kinda' like we did last yr.

byau

Reaction score
glad2bdada3":34d4hidl said:
This is a tough one to swallow but I agree about making the tough decision and mannin' up about a bad decsion. I guess we're just gonna' have to win with our new "pedestrian" receivers and a couple guys named Wilson and the Beast. You know........kinda' like we did last yr.

Which ..you know ... we pretty much got through the season with and won the super bowl with.

There is a huge amount of x-factor when it comes to great team chemistry. When players are 100% playing for themselves and their teammates, it's a pretty amazing lift.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I don't know what to think other than if this makes it easier to keep both Wilson and Lynch next year and Pete felt that Harvin wasn't going to make a difference for a Super Bowl push, then I guess I'm for it.

olyfan63

Reaction score
brimsalabim":ahlzzjmd said:
SoulfishHawk":ahlzzjmd said:
Um, the Jets are 1-5
...but maybe the reason he was sent to the Jets is simply because Harvin will be very very very unhappy there. Maybe they were so fed up with him that they shipped him to the worst place they could find.

Pete and John simply don't roll that way. It is an appealing thought, though.

I'm sure it was just the best deal for the team at the time to allow everyone else to move forward, so P&J took it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well at least now I know where my irrational hatred of Harvin came from.

I kept wanting that guy to fall down a flight of stairs, I think he might have been my most despised player that was a Seahawk, while he was producing. Something about that guy just rubbed me the wrong way and I constantly attacked his character and his honesty. Never hated a player more for no reason.

Not even that 1st round pick from Wake Forest that never amounted to anything (whose name I cannot recall).

In fact the only guy I can think of that I had a greater ridiculous dislike for was Ty Willingham....years and years ago.

I got some weird PMs because of my relentless attacks on him, imagine my surprise when he turned out worse than any of the crap I accused him of.

Based on the stories? What a piece of garbage human being...I appreciate the Hawks used him for what they could and then tossed him aside the moment he started acting like an idiot again.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":74bdvzbw said:
I will give them credit for realizing their mistake. They realized it too late but they realized it non the less.

It's like getting a divorce from that chick you should have never married in the first place.

Bingo.

Divorcing that chick is the right move, but not marrying her in thw first place would be the smartest move.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
byau":4m4h8hck said:
When you talk to successful people, they'll tell you that the way to make decisions is

1) gather all current available data
2) make the best decision at that time, see where it takes you

Risky sure, sometimes it doesn't payoff, sometimes it does

When we traded for Percy with those picks, it seemed like the right decision at the time. And it won us a Super Bowl . At this point, listening to Softy's show, it sounds ilke his attitude was a huge issue, even with all that talent, the right decision is to get rid of him.

I'm sad it didn't work out, but I trust these are all the right decisions at the time. And if Percy pans out as a super star on the Jets, so be it. Doesn't mean he would have been here.

Getting rid of a bad apple not only gets rid of the bad apple, but also shows how much you value what the good apples are doing. And is a big statement to current and future players as well.
Ugggghhh
When will people stop saying the trade won us a super bowl???

Saying the trade won us a super bowl is like saying Bryan Walters won us the super bowl.

Harvin had nothing to do with getting us to the super bowl, and he scored his touchdown after the game was already over.

Hiw does scoring a TD when were already up 22-0 "win it" for us?

The trade DID NOT win us a super bowl, we won the super bowl DESPITE MAKING THE WORST TRADE IN SEAHAWKS HISTORY.

Trading for harvin actually HURT our chances last year but we overcame the dead weight. This year harvin seriously hurt our chances of repeating.

Please stop repeating lies that the harvin trade "won us a super bowl".