Goodell: Lynch has an obligation

warden

Reaction score
Goodall wants to drive Lynch away from the game

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The media is threatened because with the way the fans have access to the players these days the only way they can stand out is to get words they can exploit. Its not about paper sales, it's about clicks and these guys are nearing the time when they are no longer useful.

We all know what it is, the media looks for anything they can to twist, it forces the players into giving answers that can't be twisted. They can't talk about how they really feel because it burns the player every time. Lynch does not like giving those canned responses, he told us that. So he doesn't give them anything. The media is crying because of the very thing they have created.

Even when a story has every word of the interview, question and answer, some other writer will take content from that story and write an opinion column that twists the legit piece around. He won't give them words they want, so they make the story about him not giving them the words in a very callus manner in the interest of forcing Lynch to prove them wrong. Lynch takes their power away and they are crying about it.

I don't care to hear another interview from a player or read anything obtained by a one of many folks holding a recording device. One on one? Sure thing. The players that have something to say? Fine. I don't care who it is. If a player doesn't want to talk I don't want to hear what he has to say.

Giblien

Reaction score
If it is in Marshawn's contract to talk to the media, he needs to follow through with the expectations. That being said, the NFLPA ought to fight for guys like this who really don't want to talk to the media to have it be a stipulation in their contracts that all media events and press conferences are optional. I love Lynch, but I think he is wrong on this one and should own up to his obligations.

rigelian

Reaction score
Giblien":9nh9b782 said:
If it is in Marshawn's contract to talk to the media, he needs to follow through with the expectations. That being said, the NFLPA ought to fight for guys like this who really don't want to talk to the media to have it be a stipulation in their contracts that all media events and press conferences are optional. I love Lynch, but I think he is wrong on this one and should own up to his obligations.
Actually he doesn't need to fall through, at least not in the sense most people believe. The league can punish or they can fine him, but they can't make him dance for the press. One other thing, contracts aren't right and wrong issues, they are economic agreements that define a relationship between two parties.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
How many press conferences has Goodell done? Probably not many more than Lynch, a player with anxiety issues who makes a fraction of what Goodell makes as commissioner.

Riley12

Reaction score
hawknation2015":19yx8fuq said:
How many press conferences has Goodell done? Probably not many more than Lynch, a player with anxiety issues who makes a fraction of what Goodell makes as commissioner.

Right along my wavelength too - Goodell has numerous obligations that he falls flat on his face to achieve or turns a blind eye to.

What about the Krafty Patriots and their continuous shenanigans? Maybe a little speechifying about that is in order, huh Rodger?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Marshawn didn't sign thaT contract, DeMaurice Smith, Drew Bees, and Jeff Saturday did and the players are paying the price

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
That's a good one, Rog. I think the NFL is obligated to ensure its member clubs adhere to fair play and don't resort to tactics like deflating footballs and spying on their opposition in order to gain an advantage. I also think the NFL is also then obligated to severely punish said teams that don't adhere to those standards in a timely fashion rather than dragging their feet until specific games are played first rather than spending more time worrying about trivial things like who says what and how much to journalists and what color footwear they want to wear. Goodell has a serious problem with priorities.

Riley12

Reaction score
BC-Hawk":1l0deu75 said:
That's a good one, Rog. I think the NFL is obligated to ensure its member clubs adhere to fair play and don't resort to tactics like deflating footballs and spying on their opposition in order to gain an advantage. I also think the NFL is also then obligated to severely punish said teams that don't adhere to those standards in a timely fashion rather than dragging their feet until specific games are played first rather than spending more time worrying about trivial things like who says what and how much to journalists and what color footwear they want to wear. Goodell has a serious problem with priorities.

Can I get a freakin' AMEN?!?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
707a2690-44cf-11e4-9076-a13be265c12f_Screen-Shot-2014-09-25-at-12-16-37-PM.png

WmHBonney

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1upaptge said:

I don't believe a dman thing that Goodell has to say anyway. He lied his a$$ off about the video. He is going to cover for Kraft and his merry band of Pinnochios.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":wt7cnkww said:
ManBunts":wt7cnkww said:
I think Goodell loves the chance to point finger at anyone else to take the attention of his horrible management of the NFL and inconsistent punishments this year

http://www.nfl.com/videos/super-bowl-li ... mish_lynch
Rog needs to be dropped on his head a few times. He is a clueless moron, who's biases have been exposed.
He needs to step down.

Try this:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fire...R ... 4691612872

Be a friendly bird, spread the word .

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Can we find a hypnotist to make Beast see Roger when he looks at Patriots Sunday ?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Thing is, Marshawn has given lots of in depth 1 on 1 interviews to people like Mike Silver, Jefri the Giraffe Chadhia, Mike Rob, etc. Hell he JUST DID a 1 on 1 with Maxim Magazine. I saw him sing a song and win an xbox on ET. There's no shortage of access to Marshawn. If all this is about is getting the rubber, generic say nothing "they're a heckuva good ball club" podium answers... then that's just moronic. literally NOBODY Gives half a shit about those answers except the monkeys who asked them.

Get your priorities straight Rog...

pmedic920

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":g5l09zcq said:
ManBunts":g5l09zcq said:
I think Goodell loves the chance to point finger at anyone else to take the attention of his horrible management of the NFL and inconsistent punishments this year

http://www.nfl.com/videos/super-bowl-li ... mish_lynch
Rog needs to be dropped on his head a few times. He is a clueless moron, who's biases have been exposed.
He needs to step down.

Happened when he was an infant.
That's the whole problem.

Rob12

Reaction score
The man has done so much harm to the sport we love. I know revenues are as high as they've ever been, but they've come at a significant cost, IMO. Meanwhile, Goodell has collected $74 million over the past two years.

Just insane.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Goodell is that booger in a bowl of rice right now, and he's trying to throw the dogs off his trail by trying to portray Lynch as the bad guy, and Sherman has rerouted the attention right back at the horses' ass.
No-Good-ell is has still yet to answer for his screw-ups with the handling of Rice and too, Adrian Peterson + doing photo gigs with Robert Kraft......Oh yeah, there wasn't anything BIASED or SHADY about that eh?

CANHawk

Reaction score
I work for an auto repair company with about 38 locations as a shop manager. Some of those shops are on SUPER busy streets with high visibility. Others are on side streets without great visibility. The visible shops (surprise surprise) do better than the shops that are a little harder to find. The managers at the hi-vis shops carry on like they're the reason for the shop's success when really you could put a pylon in charge and it would still make money.

I see Rog much the same way; you could put a pylon in charge of the NFL and it would make money. You want to impress me Rog? Go try running the National Lacrosse League. If you can make that bitch make money, then you can get some credit.