Gordon suspended indefintely

Rat

Reaction score
As someone who has struggled with addiction, I'd be a hypocrite to judge him, but damn, I really hoped this would be the place he got it all together.

Cautionary tale I guess. I hope he has saved his money, and makes a difference on the lecture circuit.

endzorn

Reaction score
We got a few good catches out of him, but it’s not like he was the offense.

rcaido

Reaction score
Sad news but now its time let Ursua show up! Perfect time against the Cardinals!

Aiunahthar

Reaction score
Yeah this doesnt surprise me either based on his past but it still sucks. Was hoping he could keep it together because he is a great weapon.
That being said Pete has always had a soft spot for troubled stories.... guess it's time to knock on ABs door. Lol

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I was thinking positively based on his recent comments about wanting to stay in Seattle etc and was looking forward to him getting more than 1-2 looks a game. Oh well.

Strange that if this is it for him, his last stat will be throwing an interception

James in PA

Reaction score
At least we don’t have to worry about him trying to play QB for us anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Sucks that pot or whatever is more important to what enables you to buy the stuff.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cyrus12":qxdol29m said:
Sgt. Largent":qxdol29m said:
Let the man smoke his weed!!!
I think weed is the last of his worries...hes into more than just weed.

All his NFL suspensions were due to failed drug tests with weed or alcohol.

I get it, Gordon should know better, and he failed..........but IMO the NFL needs to get out of the dark ages and have a more weed lenient drug policy like the NBA.

Because in the end it's far better for a guy like Gordon to be at a team like the Hawks where he can get all the top treatment care he needs AND the work structure he needs to give him the best chance at succeeding.

Rather than bouncing him out of the league, where he'll have nothing to stop him from relapsing.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Everyone knows weed is a performance enhancing drug. We make sure all our heavy equipment operators smoke it constantly before, during and after the job. Makes it way more exciting, keeps us on our toes .....and all the other appendages strewn around the job site.

On the other hand I'm sorry for the guy.

Elemas

Reaction score
I believe in second chances but....

Release immediately. I hope he gets help but any team who takes a chance on this guy will be disappointed.

He could've been a HOFer.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Seymour":9aqwlbkw said:
pittpnthrs":9aqwlbkw said:
Is anybody really surprised? Seriously.

With the injuries and stuff going on, anybody feel like the seasons slowly unraveling?

Unraveling?? LMAO. He has averaged about 1 catch a game. Give me a break.

Not just Gordon man (even though his pathetic catch total always seemed to be clutch 3rd down catches minus the bomb yesterday), i'm talking about the injuries mounting up. Look at how beat up this team is, Penny, Diggs, Clowney, Ziggy, Wagner, Shaq, Luke Willson, Dissly, Ed Dickson, Britt, Thorpe, etc,,,. That week 17 game against SF is going to be for all the marbles and I dont think we'll be healthy enough to beat them.

Chapow

Reaction score
kidhawk":hlml096b said:
As most have said, it's not a real shocker. His history shows it's just a matter of time, but we got some good use out of him while we had him and it didn't cost an arm and a leg. He was never a major part of the game plan, so it shouldn't be that difficult to plug and play with what we have. This just makes me happier that Lockett seems back to his old self. Him and DK along with Hollister should be able to hanlde the brunt of the receiving.

They already were/are.

Josh Gordon was here for 5 games. He had 7 receptions.

Don't get me wrong, I thought Gordon was a nice pick up and I was glad to have him here, but this isn't a big loss to this team IMO.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
:17:
Seems like an awful lot for Gordon to throw away for...whatever. Bummed.

Maybe we could get Baldwin to unretire! No?
Well I guess we just go with what we have and make the best of it, which I figure can be pretty doggon good.
I'm more concerned about the injuries on our D.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
2_0_6":1v8kxrmt said:
John Ursua's time is now
I was thinking the same exact thing.
Some guys just can't get the hell out of their own damned way.
Why not give Ursua "Flash In The Pan" Gordon's opportunities.

I wonder if anyone here knows whether this was something that Gordon has recently done, or was this in the works from before he came here, and just now caught up with him?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
5th offense. When is the NFL going to say enough is enough with this guy?

sutz

Reaction score
Well, at least he lasted until Lockett got back. :34853_doh: