Gordon suspended indefintely

flmmkrz

Reaction score
ugh, just when he gave us a glimpse of what could be, he's gone. I hope he's got enough money socked away cause I don't think there's any coming back from this one. If it's weed related I feel for him, while countries are evolving on weed the nfl remains behind the curve but rules are rules.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Coach Carroll's spoke about it today in Boyle's article:
Seahawks receiver Josh Gordon was suspended indefinitely by the NFL on Monday for violating the NFL policies on performance-enhancing substances and substances of abuse.

Carroll said, “My heart goes out to Josh having to face this again,” and made it clear that his concern was focused on Gordon’s well-being and not about the Seahawks’ depth at receiver.

“I don’t even look at it like that,” Carroll said. “He had impact to some extent it seemed like in every game. This isn’t about that. This is about Josh getting well and taking care of business… We wish him the very best in taking care of business. It was very unfortunate.”
https://www.seahawks.com/news/a-cherish ... coach-pete
No mention as to when the infraction occurred, or what substance was abused.

Vesuve

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":tkn59qzn said:
Is anybody really surprised? Seriously.

With the injuries and stuff going on, anybody feel like the seasons slowly unraveling?
This, and attrition with injuries.

Yes, it may be unraveling.

balakoth

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3iamd90j said:
Why does everyone assume it's for weed???

History? Statistics? Logic? I mean it is the logical first assumption based on previous evidence........

It's not THAT confusing.. is it?

chris98251

Reaction score
First off we don't know when and what, second Ursua isn't getting added so forget it at this juncture, he isn't a blocker so Brown will get Gordons snaps or Willson. Gordon really helped the run game break loose especially with Penny out there, many of you just want your fantasy stats, I would rather have Seahawk wins.

Gordon was working into the offense, made clutch catches, blocked his ass off and was a good team mate, saddens me we have such Holier then Thou's jumping all over his shit, man has a issue and unless you have been or lived in a situation where you understand what they are going through you have no merit in that debate.

Most this team has probably grown up with a whole lot worse people within a block of them, they chose their path, I am not worried about the team.

I would have liked to see him make it, he is a talent and from reports a good guy, just has a demon.

Some demons you can overcome and some always are a part of you, genetics make some more susceptible, associations make it harder yet if you can't cut ties, harder yet when it's family.

I hope he can get past this, unfortunately unless he can prove and challenge this he may be out of the league.

Oh and screw you NFL this is targeting, we look like we can make a run and take number one seed and boom have to help the 49ers. :stirthepot:

Russellmania3

Reaction score
It's too bad it came to this but pretty much anticipated.

Gordon is done in the nfl

Cyrus12

Reaction score
balakoth":24q48yae said:
Cyrus12":24q48yae said:
Why does everyone assume it's for weed???

History? Statistics? Logic? I mean it is the logical first assumption based on previous evidence........

It's not THAT confusing.. is it?
Well considering hes been drinking cough syrup...taking..codeine...doing cocaine since he was in high school I'd say people are jumping to conclusions....or it could be good ol roids or growth hormone.

flv

Reaction score
Gordon has previously failed tests for both marijuana and alcohol. A 1st failed test doesn't result in a public announcement or suspension so a 5th suspension means at least 6 failed tests not 5. If a player has failed multiple tests he is automatically put into the strictest testing criteria program the NFL can run...for the rest of his NFL career. He can be tested up to 10 times a month. The substance limits for those in this NFL test program are actually very similar to those for commercial pilots IE zero for alcohol and a low limit for marijuana, (secondary smoke). A single beer would have resulted in a positive tests. It sounds Draconian but some people can't stick to low limits.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1zpod4o2 said:
Scorpion05":1zpod4o2 said:
minormillikin":1zpod4o2 said:
If it's weed related, then he's just an idiot. Marijuana testing in the NFL has long been an intelligence test. Pass this one test at the beginning of the season and smoke away all season.

Though, I suppose because of his history he might get tested more regularly.

That’s not how the brain works. Maybe if our culture read more books about the subject we’d have less addicts
Maybe if we treated addiction as the medical issue it is rather than trying to deal with it through the criminal justice system we'd have less addicts.
In the nfl criminal justice system, weed based offences are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated random people who ignore the shit Belechik does but who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Josh Gordon Unit. These are their stories. * Dun Dun *

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Ex-Bronco and weed advocate Nate Johnson wrote about Josh Gordon's suspensions in 2014:

A good example is Josh Gordon, the Cleveland Browns wide receiver who led the league last year with 1,646 receiving yards, despite missing two games for testing positive for codeine (for a strep throat, he said). He was suspended again late last month for the entire season after testing positive for marijuana. (At least five others were also suspended last year and this year for marijuana, according to the magazine Mother Jones.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/09/opin ... olicy.html

Meanwhile, the PED list is here: https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/ ... esList.pdf

Using speed would pop positive for both, but if a urine test only is involved, the window is days not weeks.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
John63":1ru51iih said:
Think they will look at Brown now?

Highly doubt it, I don't think hes even cleared to play by the league yet with all his legal stuff going on

Threedee

Reaction score
I expect they determined that Gordon had much more favorable odds of working-out than Brown had.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1rhyelef said:
pittpnthrs":1rhyelef said:
Seymour":1rhyelef said:
We won't be healthy enough to beat the whiners but the 4-9 Falcons can beat them?

They beat the Saints too who we were unable to beat. Maybe its just them.

That's the spirit pitt...

Only stating what I see. Those injuries let an inept Panthers team to come back from 20 points and damn near beat us. A good team would have rolled us. Just hoping we get a whole lot healthier before the 49ers game.

Largent80

Reaction score
Thats the spirit. Negate the win because we didn't win by 20...Jeezus.

Those calling for the woman beating Brown are equally right there as well.

Gordon has demons that he hasn't been able to correct. We've seen it before. Koren Robinson anyone?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":7yo9f6zv said:
hawksfansinceday1":7yo9f6zv said:
Scorpion05":7yo9f6zv said:
minormillikin":7yo9f6zv said:
If it's weed related, then he's just an idiot. Marijuana testing in the NFL has long been an intelligence test. Pass this one test at the beginning of the season and smoke away all season.

Though, I suppose because of his history he might get tested more regularly.

That’s not how the brain works. Maybe if our culture read more books about the subject we’d have less addicts
Maybe if we treated addiction as the medical issue it is rather than trying to deal with it through the criminal justice system we'd have less addicts.
In the nfl criminal justice system, weed based offences are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated random people who ignore the shit Belechik does but who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Josh Gordon Unit. These are their stories. * Dun Dun *
GREAT post. Totally spot on.

(and the Dragnet reference was outstanding too btw)

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":28i6n82e said:
Seymour":28i6n82e said:
A weed legal state signing was a disaster waiting to happen.

Sad story.

It didn't happen while he was here

But if not, sooner or later it may well have. That said, how do you know this? My guess is this is correct, but it's a guess.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You know how it is Largent, if it's not a 20-30 point win, it's not good enough :lol:
Meh, they had 6 STARTERS out the last couple drives. They dominated that game, and it's a lot to ask of a bunch of backups to stop a team in garbage time like that.

11-3

Chawker

Reaction score
Given JG talent for playing football, it seems such a waste and a barbaric move by the NFL to just discard him when this is a opportunity for them to improve their public image by helping him. A real bitch move in my book,given their resources. :242735: