Gotta love the victory formation...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ry06tl49 said:
I must be in the minority, because I don't even worry about Seabass these days. Early in the year, he made me very nervous.

I'm always worried about kickers. ALWAYS........they always find a way to rip your heart out.

Even yesterday I would have liked to see us run it once or twice after Lockett's catch to see if Carson or Davis could bust one into the end zone.

Rule #1 of football, never trust kickers.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seymour":2df8z5xv said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2df8z5xv said:
SoulfishHawk":2df8z5xv said:
I must be in the minority, because I don't even worry about Seabass these days. Early in the year, he made me very nervous.

I think I still have PTSD from Blair Walsh

Why? Blair Walsh saved the franchise and possibly Wilson's career by helping to get Cable fired. Walsh makes those kicks, we make the playoffs, and we're screwed another 2,3,4 years with Fable.
:pukeface:

So totally this. We owe a debt of thanks to Walsh. With Cable gone, we have an actual O-Line, and are starting to see that what means. Starting to see Russell have time. Picking up 3rd and 2 on the ground. Picking up blitzes on key plays. Like the 4th and 3.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":2n7jebcr said:
sutz":2n7jebcr said:
kidhawk":2n7jebcr said:
I was disappointed in it. I’d rather run the ball and see if we can get a TD out of it. I’m glad it worked out and Janikowski didn’t get blocked or shank it but I’m still not a fan of the victory formation in that situation.
Well, there are some things that can go wrong, not the least of which is a false start with a 10 second runoff. ;)

Yup, right on about the 10-second run-off, I was totally worried about a dumb penalty and the 10-second run-off. Let's see, wasn't that the Rams game, or the Chargers game, where we have a chance to score and tie, and an OL false start penalty screws us?

If I were the Panthers, in hindsight, I might try to bait the OL into a false start with under 10 seconds by doing a neutral zone twitch or two and hoping Ifedi bites on it.

So I was hoping they'd kick the field goal with about 12 seconds left. Use 5 seconds, then kickoff into the field of play, another 4 seconds, Panthers get at most 1 play.

OK, I'll go with what the Seahawks did. Still a bit risky, with no timeouts to stop a 10 second runoff.

A penalty with a ten second run off would have been a possibility with anything they did with a running clock, especially when firing off the ball on a run play, so I'm not sure how the victory formation is riskier. In that situation, the players know the play is going to end immediately, so they don't have to move.