Greg Scruggs is awesomesause!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Scruggs radio interview. PURE GOLD! His enthusiasm is evident.

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2014/02/27/ ... es-harder/

When I heard Scruggs went down with injury I was really disappointed I was hoping to see him take a huge leap forward last year and I believe he would have factored into the rotation very heavily. It sounds like he's rearing to go for this season.

Said he was listed on the media guide @ 285 lbs. Said he weighed himself today @ 311 with 19% body fat.

He talks about his golf game-
"I was well on my way to be daggone good."

jblaze

Reaction score
Bryant has been grooming him to take his spot since he came in the league. His combine numbers were awesome and he looks to be an emotional leader of the defensive line. I'm expecting big things from him this year.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Scruggs and Williams are suitable replacements for "Red" and it sounds like his days are sadly numbered for the Hawks. We love you "BIG RED"!! The companionship and passion Carroll has fostered up and down this organization is astonishing in this me first day and age. The Seahawks aren't rebuilding the d-line, they are reloading. The Seahawks are going to be a dynasty!!! Maybe the end of the world is is coming??? If so, :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Jville

Reaction score
I had no idea Greg was so funny.

A pent up dog in a raw meat locker ....... Ready to rock.

Greg Scruggs ‏@G_Scruggs Feb 24

On a diet to drop body fat % about 3% -- that's the positive. The negative, I ain't giving up my gummy worms. pic.twitter.com/sLnsQCXrwm
BhSORFgCAAEp qT

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Now that he's up to 311, Scruggs could be one hell of an athletic base 3-technique if they choose to go that route. Regardless, excited to see what the future holds for Scruggs if his knee is sound.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I wonder how quick he'll be at 311 and 19% bodyfat.

McDonald looked extremely quick at 297, although Scruggs is taller.

Scruggs was quick enough to play outside a bit at 285. This is one player I've been watching, I think we've just hit the tip of the iceburg with this kid. He has that requisite chip on his shoulder, and a passion to be great.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Hawks46":1yp2w3bs said:

Despite what any roster says, McDonald isn't 297. He's well north of 300, and has been for some time. I have no doubts about Scruggs' quickness at 311. 19% body fat at that weight is phenomenal, and even at 284 he had above average testing #'s across the board, even by DE standards, never mind DT. Granted, that was before his knee surgery, but still.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Scruggs on his pro day and now he's weighing in at 311 pounds? Dude's going to kill somebody.
Scruggs-Pro-Day.png

OP
OP
J

jlwaters1

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3hax385e said:
Scruggs on his pro day and now he's weighing in at 311 pounds? Dude's going to kill somebody.
Scruggs-Pro-Day.png
yeah he doesn't look that big. I'm really excited for Scruggs and Jordan HIll in 2014, I think both will have breakout seasons.

Hawks46

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":2sdopqub said:
Hawks46":2sdopqub said:

Despite what any roster says, McDonald isn't 297. He's well north of 300, and has been for some time. I have no doubts about Scruggs' quickness at 311. 19% body fat at that weight is phenomenal, and even at 284 he had above average testing #'s across the board, even by DE standards, never mind DT. Granted, that was before his knee surgery, but still.

Oh I agree about McDonald. He's 297 alright.....just his ass and legs ! He almost reminds me of a Richard Dent in build (well, his ass and legs aren't QUITE that big, but similar).

I was impressed by the flashes I saw in Scruggs at 285; he was fast enough to play the outside and had great penetration inside. Sometimes he lost his anchor vs. the run, but I'm betting 30 lbs fixes that. I'm also betting he's plenty quick, but sometimes a guy has a frame that allows that, and sometimes a guy has to get used to playing that big.

Scruggs looked like he could gain 15-20 lbs without an issue, It also sounds like he's going to cut a little weight.

Jville

Reaction score
Here is a heads up on Clinton McDonalds playing weight after he resigned and played thru the play offs and Super Bowl.
Asked about all this, McDonald, who’s down to 285 pounds after playing this summer at 297, decided to let his action speak for him.
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Focus-on-Clinton-McDonald/ae9ed644-c202-42e1-96a5-42a615ad5c8c[/urltargetblank]

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Also got a youtube account & website for those wanting another portal into the Hawks.

[youtube]ybTc2nweVA0[/youtube]

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Scruggs is one of the most down to earth and caring individuals I've ever had the pleasure of having a discussion with. That's not just referring to professional athletes, but out of everyone I've ever encountered. Last year he was going to local HS football games and interacting with fans extremely often just because he's a fun loving, cool dude. I had to have surgery last year and missed the game I had tickets to and he reached out to me personally (numerous times) pre and post-op to make sure I was getting better.

I have absolutely nothing negative I can say about the guy on & off the field. Sure, he has some room for improvement, but every young player does and he's what you hope you're getting in the mid to late rounds (or any round for that matter). Guys that have the drive to prove the doubters wrong, build off the natural talent they have and be a model citizen within the community. I hope he erupts next season in a rotation with Clinton McDonald and Jordan Hill next to Brandon Mebane. The guy deserves it and I'll always root for him.

Norn Iron man

Reaction score
I was going to say about mcdonald, but jville beat me to it, he apparently dropped about 15lbs and played much better for it. I have to wonder if the same would happen to Carpenter if he lost some weight. I think he's struggling because he bulked up too much.
Scruggs sounds like he has the frame to carry it, him and hill could be very important next season if Bryant and mcdonald leave. Williams and whether he comes back from the knee surgery could be the xfactor.