Griffin on the slow starts....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3w0vot47 said:
austinslater25":3w0vot47 said:
It's not all on the offense but it's tougher on the defense when your offense has 31 yards at the half and a bunch of 3 and outs. That's the whole point. Being more aggressive on offense early on takes stress off of your defense. We did have a good offense, an offense that did most of its damage later in games playing catch up and this is even more evident in playoff games. Their last 5 playoff games they were outscored 115-13 in the first half of games. Does that seem like an optimal way to play football?
Outscored 115-13 sounds to me like the Defense isn't holding up their end, by not keeping the opponents from scoring on us.....The sword cuts both ways.
That stat should be a wake up call to the coaching staff that their 1st half coaching philosophy needs to be changed.
Likely though it would be shrugged off and the usual tired talking points would be parroted by said coaching staff.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I think that there are way too many fans in here & elsewhere, that are p*ssed off because Player A on Offense, or player B. on Defense failed to perform magic and beat out a basically healthy 13 & 3 Packers at Lambeau.
Fact of the matter, our Seahawks were all beat to hell with injuries all over the roster, and they weren't just your run of the mill BACKUPS, they were game changers...I mean C'mon no #1 RB Carson?, + NO #2 Penny?, No Disley...A banged up O-Line.....Clowney playing with INJURIES for several games?...No Quandre Diggs for half the season?

I'm absolutely AMAZED at how well Pete & the rest of the Coaching staff got us all the way to Round #2 in the playoffs, and not only that, the Seahawks were in contention ALL THE WAY TO THE END, hell, with everything stacked against the BEST SEAHAWKS COACH EVER., I'm just pissed & disappointed at all the sniveling about Pete not being able to pull a miracle win out of his ass.
Losing stings like a SOB, but be honest folks, how many of some of Y'all expected the Seahawks to make it as far as they did?....yea, me neither.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2tdza52u said:
I think that there are way too many fans in here & elsewhere, that are p*ssed off because Player A on Offense, or player B. on Defense failed to perform magic and beat out a basically healthy 13 & 3 Packers at Lambeau.
Fact of the matter, our Seahawks were all beat to hell with injuries all over the roster, and they weren't just your run of the mill BACKUPS, they were game changers...I mean C'mon no #1 RB Carson?, + NO #2 Penny?, No Disley...A banged up O-Line.....Clowney playing with INJURIES for several games?...No Quandre Diggs for half the season?

I'm absolutely AMAZED at how well Pete & the rest of the Coaching staff got us all the way to Round #2 in the playoffs, and not only that, the Seahawks were in contention ALL THE WAY TO THE END, hell, with everything stacked against the BEST SEAHAWKS COACH EVER., I'm just pissed & disappointed at all the sniveling about Pete not being able to pull a miracle win out of his ass.
Losing stings like a SOB, but be honest folks, how many of some of Y'all expected the Seahawks to make it as far as they did?....yea, me neither.
:2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CPHawk":u8nnqnxa said:
Hire Kellen Moore to be the OC. Make it worth his while to jump from the Cowboys. Give him full reign over the O, and stay out of his way Pete.

I like where your head's at, but never going to happen. Pete's 68, he's not going to change now.

It's why he hires old school yes men for coordinators. He gives them his schemes, and tells them to work within those confines. End of story.

John63

Reaction score
austinslater25":3p07j6ve said:
I love that he said this. I think Pete needs to reevaluate his first have philosophy. I don't think it happens but I like that players are being vocal about it.

we already know how to start fast, we just refuse to do it.

Latest posts