Harvin to New England?

chris98251

Reaction score
Moss was a different kind of receiver and had a history of production, Harvin eh it's all about his potential and the flashes he gives you.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":37snxsdy said:
Harvin will be released and be free to sign anywhere he wants.

I could see NE with all of those 4 and 5 yard option routes and RAC opportunities...but would have to be at significantly less than he's made last few years.

It'd certainly be in the Jets best interest to find a trade partner (no dead cap hit and lesser draft pick given up to Seattle), but if you're NE or another contender why trade? Unless there really is multiple teams offering to trade, which I highly doubt at Harvin's huge salary and cap.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Lets hope there's a market for him. Raiders need an offensive weapon and was 4th in passing attempts. Could be a fit. Chiefs and Panthers have needs there. Browns also as mentioned above.
I don't see the Chiefs having a big enough set to do such a thing but given they have Alex Smith as their quarterback it really might be a very good deal for them.

kearly

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2bonwmla said:
Happy":2bonwmla said:
La Canfora = IncarceratedBob?

Wonder if his sources have been having a little fun at his expense.

Any journo that speculates on trades/FA moves = incarcerated bob.

I honeslty don't get the ICB hate when he's just doing the same things as everyone else in this business.

I LOVE rumor mongering this time of year, and I want to like guys like ICB.

That said, the guy is a first rate dickhead, there was a great article a few years ago exposing him as a near total fraud (and a jerk too). Basically, most of what he says is just stuff he made up, and if enough end up being right it makes him look like he has inside info. This is all calculated by him as it has made him very rich with his side business (sports gambling, IIRC). Basically, he's a con man.

I've heard that ICB actually does have a few legit connections through his sports business, and every once in a while he does end up with a legit scoop. It's only a small minority of what he tweets though.

As far as the question you brought up, the different between ICB and La Canfora is that ICB makes stuff up and presents it as fact, and La Canfora passes along things he hears from actual people in the know. Doesn't mean that everything La Canfora says is accurate, reporters are used to spread lies all the time. But most reporters are careful to tell us when they are speculating and when they have actually heard something. ICB does not, he's just running an operation that cons people and helps him make money in his side business (IIRC).

pehawk

Reaction score
I just don't understand the angst towards rumor types. It's entertainment, Jesus, relax.

ICB is a devout follower and retweeter of yours truly. So, he must be smart.

kearly

Reaction score
I LOVE rumors, and agree that we should relax.

ICB is a proven fraud though.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Scottemojo":597dmgmp said:
If New England has leaked that, they did it to make the Jets keep Harvin.

Probably the smartest thing anyone has said about this particular rumor right here.