Has Bobby Wagner extension been impacted by crowded LB room?

Jville

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":27epbul2 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1139285232648097799[/tweet]

I look at this as good news.

Looking at Barkevious Mingo's contract, he has the opportunity to collect some serious money. So I would think he would be well motivated to provide some serious pass rush.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm not sure if Pete's defense ideally wants to tie up that much money to the middle linebacker spot but I also can't see them letting him walk like others have been able to do. My guy says they sign him to a longer deal but can bail early if they have to. I love Wagz but not sure 18+ million for a middle linebacker makes the most sense on paper at almost 30. Tough decision especially if the young guys are as good as advertised. Could we see another Frank situation?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
austinslater25":1v5h2f9z said:
I'm not sure if Pete's defense ideally wants to tie up that much money to the middle linebacker spot but I also can't see them letting him walk like others have been able to do. My guy says they sign him to a longer deal but can bail early if they have to. I love Wagz but not sure 18+ million for a middle linebacker makes the most sense on paper at almost 30. Tough decision especially if the young guys are as good as advertised. Could we see another Frank situation?

Certainly possible if Bobby's asking for the moon.

Guarantee you both BBK and Barton being drafted were a direct result of Pete and John hedging against Bobby possibly not being here long term.

I sure hope he's here, IMO we need him to anchor the next young Hawk defense.

Largent80

Reaction score
They were also drafted because there were no LB's drafted for years because of KJ and Wags.

Young blood was/is needed regardless of contracts. Barton in the 2nd round says it all.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It was SS-Blair that was drafted in the 2nd rd., LB- Barton was drafted in the 3rd @ pick #88.

Latest posts