• No

Votes: 49 59.8%

• Total voters

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
gargantual":1851or0p said:
Zebulon Dak":1851or0p said:
I can't tell. I feel so weird. I was so used to the Seahawks never having won a Super Bowl, it was so ingrained into who I am that I can't really tell if this whole thing has finally filled that void or just created a new one. It's uncharted territory for me and I'm not sure what to do with it all. This was like the one thing in my life that I've always wanted, that I've always thought if, someday, hopefully before I die, etc. and now that it's happened I don't know what to do with all that displaced hope, anxiety, whatever it is. My dream came true, now just go back to work and life and... what? I dunno. Hahahaha I think I'm losing my mind.
This is SO me.... to a "T"!!!!!!!!

I can't wrap my brain around it!

Oh thank God somebody else feels me. Hahaha I feel like I'm an asshole for not being 100% elated... which I really am but... GAHHHHHHH I dunno. hahaha.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It hasn't for me, because the game felt like a fulfillment of expectations. Like, it was so obvious and so 'easy' for them, it must've just been another Sunday.

I also think I'm a bit afraid to be happy about it, for the reasons that Zeb already mentioned. It was so much easier to have this identity of the Shel Silverstein's Thomas the Train, always thinking you could but thinking just wasn't good enough. Now that has to change to Super Bowl champions who've had a taste and are ready for more.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1jd8sse5 said:
400WattHPSHawk":1jd8sse5 said:
This might sound weird or boastful even, but I feel like this is all Anti-climatic now. It's over.

Maybe it just hasn't really sunk in yet, idk. What I do know is...

I've got a smile, for everyone I meet
as long as you don't try dragging me down...

I think that the fact that it was such a beat down, such a dismantling, it didn't give us that "moment" where we won. It was almost over before it started. As opposed to the NFCC game, which was up and down and uncertain until that moment, and then we were able to let it all out and scream and jump and laugh and cry and hug and let all that honest, raw emotion out. The SB didn't really give me that moment, that exhale.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. :mrgreen:

You probably hit the nail right on the head, Zeb.

Thankfully so, I loved the blowout. I don't know if my heart or ankle could have taken another NFCCG. There were not going to be any warning shots across their bow (meh, unless you wanna count Kam laying the wood on what's-his-face coming across the middle on their 3rd play? from scrimmage setting the tone for the rest of the day) Nope, In this game of Battleship we were going to Red-Peg the hell out of 'em. :thirishdrinkers:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
gargantual":1yg7uw8t said:
Zebulon Dak":1yg7uw8t said:
I can't tell. I feel so weird. I was so used to the Seahawks never having won a Super Bowl, it was so ingrained into who I am that I can't really tell if this whole thing has finally filled that void or just created a new one. It's uncharted territory for me and I'm not sure what to do with it all. This was like the one thing in my life that I've always wanted, that I've always thought if, someday, hopefully before I die, etc. and now that it's happened I don't know what to do with all that displaced hope, anxiety, whatever it is. My dream came true, now just go back to work and life and... what? I dunno. Hahahaha I think I'm losing my mind.
This is SO me.... to a "T"!!!!!!!!

I can't wrap my brain around it! Keep expecting to wake up.

I'm there too. On top of that i have a stressful work deadline this week with a project that's been a little behind due to outside elements so I haven't really been able to just sit around savoring anything

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2gphao5n said:
I think that the fact that it was such a beat down, such a dismantling, it didn't give us that "moment" where we won. It was almost over before it started. As opposed to the NFCC game, which was up and down and uncertain until that moment, and then we were able to let it all out and scream and jump and laugh and cry and hug and let all that honest, raw emotion out. The SB didn't really give me that moment, that exhale.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. :mrgreen:

I think there is a lot to this. It's almost like 2005 when we FINALLY won a playoff game, and it was close, then the NFCCG was just such a blowout we were like.. awesome.. Super Bowl.. yay!

I mean this game was realistically done with a few minutes left in the 1st half... and the way our season went, most of the games weren't like that. So I think that definitely helps add to the surreal event that just took place.

Watching the replay.. they were narrowly close to winning not 43-8... but like 50 or 57-8. I mean it was a sheer ass beating. So amazing.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":2p2fl6cd said:
It sunk in for me 12 seconds into the second half.

Curious how you reacted when Porter had the pick 6 against Peyton Manning for your first 'ship Guido. I'm sure you were losing it like a lot of us were when Percy's KR (or even Malcolm's pick 6) happened to basically ice the title.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Over the weekend that it happened, I went from "It will never happen" to "Now that it has happened, even though it's impossible for Schneider, Carroll, et al. to do this EVERY year, they probably are going to do it again at least once before they leave." I would be surprised if they didn't, barring a run of bad injury luck or something like that.

Riley12

Reaction score
I still think that I am walking in an extremely lucid dream/drug state. I will see or hear something:

The flight attendant saying "Welcome to Seattle, home of the World Champion Seattle Seahawks" as my plane home touched down on Monday.

Paul Allen raising the Lombardi at Seahawks Stadium saying "...this is the moment you will remember"

and my eyes start watering uncontrollably.

The 38 Club - huh - Yes, it has been quite a long road for those of us who became fans of that crazy, upstart of a team way, way back. It feels like the end of a very long journey, but it is actually the start of a new one.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The NFCCG was a rush of euphoria. The Super Bowl win will be a slow-burn of joy, and it's better that way. It's something that seems surreal and somewhat impossible to comprehend now, but this steady "nice feeling" will stay with you throughout this off-season. And there will be no bitter "what ifs" to accompany it.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I was at the game as well as the parade and rally and it still doesn't feel real.

It almost feels like I died somewhere along the way during the season and this is my afterlife wish fulfillment being played out.

Wow. Just WOW.

Go Hawks.

Riley12

Reaction score
SeaTown81":30t5khln said:
It almost feels like I died somewhere along the way during the season and this is my afterlife wish fulfillment being played out.

EXACTLY. Everything still SEEMS real, but I am questioning whether it is or not. I'm looking for little clues that this is all
just a dream.

gargantual

Reaction score
Riley12":2zg2tr35 said:
SeaTown81":2zg2tr35 said:

EXACTLY. Everything still SEEMS real, but I am questioning whether it is or not. I'm looking for little clues that this is all
just a dream.
Yup. It's kinda like what Zeb was sayin'. I've been in the other mode for so long, I don't know what to do with myself. I realize now that deep down without even realizing it - I didn't think it was actually going to happen, something would screw it up.

......and I've actually been wondering what Guido's experience was like, having gone thru this himself, winning it all after so long.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm excited, ecstatic as all get out, but I've been saying to my wife just about every day that I still can't believe it! What a weight to be lifted! Man I love our team!

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Part of it for me is how uneventful the big game was. I mean, I'm not going to trash on Denver, they had an amazing season and I still believe Manning is one of the greatest QB's certainly of his generation. I mean after the late game stuff against the Saints and the brutal street fight that went down to the wire with San Fran, I was expecting a lot closer game with Denver but it got so out of hand so quick. I was still worried in the late 3rd quarter they would come back hard on us just cause I was so shell shocked but looking back, the Harvin return just sealed it. I had to watch the highlights today just to see again, did that really just happen?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
38club.png

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Aros":1s9xs751 said:
Nice man! I'm part of that club too as I turned 19 three weeks into their first season. I like that you used both logos. I wore a vintage, old school sweatshirt in the original blue with the original totem all week at work as an homage to all the early years of fandom and teams as well as the Super Bowl victory.

As for whether or not it has sunk in, it finally did when I watched Russ come out of the tunnel carrying the Lombardi at the stadium rally following the parade. Chills and tears were abundant.