Has the penalty discrepancy issue changed the last 2 weeks?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":wrovecby said:
HawkerD":wrovecby said:
seabowl":wrovecby said:
Just wondering if anyone has tracked the penalties called against our opponents the last 2 weeks since it was brought to the attention of the media outlets? It seems like the opponents are finally getting flagged at a more normal rate. With that said if it has normalized its very troubling as the conspiracy theory would be even more enhanced by the sudden change in penalties called against our opponents. Just curious.

The sample size (14 games) is to small to draw anything but antedotal evidence. Not sure what you mean by conspiracy but if you are talking about someone from the NFL office telling the referee team to call less or more penalties against hawk opponents then you need to stop self medicating. If you are saying that referees are constantly being told to emphasize certain things, to look for certain things then that hardly qualifies as a conspiracy.

My theory is that the hawks play such an aggressive style of defense that the refs have tohold on to a lot of flags or else it would be a flag feat. If they are holding flags for the hawks then they do the same for the opponent. It's just that our aggressive style draws more fouls and the opponent less aggressive style doesn't meet the raised threshold.
Bullshit.

The most egregrious and consistent non calls come when our defense isn't even on the field. DPI vs Baldwin, which the NFL said was incorrect. The non review on the fumble vs the Rams.

Our aggressive defense is not to blame. They aren't even on the field half the time.

Agreed. The lion's share of our penalties come from the offense. Ironically, we have had very few of the DPI and D holding that the league has been paying close attention to..because of us :lol:

Guess if they couldn't find much fault with us in that area they had to look elsewhere. :34853_doh:

RiverDog

Reaction score
seabowl":34jxcq7v said:
Glad someone understands what's going on. Someone on this board posted factual proof that something was fishy prior to 2 weeks ago with our opponents lack of penalties when playing the Hawks vs their other opponents. IMO the last 2 weeks since this was brought to light there has been a change and calls are being addressed against our opponents.

I brought it up a couple weeks ago, too, and it did not escape Pete's attention, either, as he started dropping little hints that the facts pertaining to the rate at which our opponents were being penalized was becoming more and more difficult to rationalize. And who knows, perhaps that complaining did us some good. I don't think anyone can argue that we got screwed by the refs in the past two games.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
pehawk":1j8j9jmw said:
Anyone else notice Okung is ALWAYS ahead of the snap count by half a second? His backpedal is instantaneous to the hike. Surprised he doesn't get more false starts.

Yes. So many moments of "oh crap, that's a false start," and then the play just keeps going. Looks to me like he gets away with a few.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Found this after seeing today's penalty discrepancy debacle. Does anyone have the link to penalties on us vs opponent and where each team comes in at?

pugs1

Reaction score
seabowl":1sa5t91e said:
Found this after seeing today's penalty discrepancy debacle. Does anyone have the link to penalties on us vs opponent and where each team comes in at?

Can't remember where I saw it but the Seahawks opponents have been least penalized vs. the Seahawks like four years running. It was either Hawkbloger or Field Gulls. I can't remember which.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
pugs1":zs1lktv4 said:
seabowl":zs1lktv4 said:

Can't remember where I saw it but the Seahawks opponents have been least penalized vs. the Seahawks like four years running. It was either Hawkbloger or Field Gulls. I can't remember which.

Found it on nflteamopponents.com. It was team opponent penalties and we had the worst ranking in 2014 & 2015. We are approaching the bottom again this year.

Latest posts