Votes: 25 48.1%
  • No. Same as I thought.

Votes: 27 51.9%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Now that the Seahawks are a respectable 4-3 at the near half of the season, has your preseason prediction changed?

Please give your comments in the thread to elaborate.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, I predicted 10-6 which is admittedly more optimistic than most without any real reason I could quantify.

But now? I feel 10-6 isn't so laughable anymore and this team just might make it which would include a wildcard.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Was pretty set on 9-7, and can't say I was super confident that we would get that.
Now I'm thinking 10-6 is a real possibility.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I frankly thought the team would be 10-6 as well, and am now of the belief they will be 10-6 or better but marked the unchanged or same option as it was truer to my preseason thinking.

For me the greatest improvement is the OLine which has allowed a running game to be developed and for RW to now have at least a slightly reasonable time to explore his receiving options. I am also happy with our D and am starting to really like our DBs who are surprisingly better than the preseason indicated they might be.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I actually had us at 5-2 right now, but I had us winning one of our first 2 games. I did think that we'd have a tough time of this second half of the season, but I'm feeling stronger about the second half than I did before, so although we are below where I thought we would be, I think we'll still end up with a better overall record and my confidence is higher. I think we can win any game...of course I still think we can lose any game too. At least that keeps the games interesting for me.

rcaido

Reaction score
I thought we were going to go 7-1. Despite being 4-3, i feel more confident of this team going forward. Next year is going to be real special. Im hoping those two losses dont hurt us in getting in the playoffs as i think we got a good chance beating any team right now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
My record prediction isn't far off.............I thought we were in the 7-9 range, and now I think we're in the 9-7 range.

But as far as my prediction on the growth and improvement of this next group of young players? I'd have to say I VASTLY underrated how far along we'd be at this point in the year.

- O-line
- RB corp
- DB's
- D-Line
- New coaches

All of these position groups and coaches I thought would be showing signs of major depth and growing pains, and every single one of the items I listed have shown serious growth and development, especially O-line and DB's.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Technically yes for me.

I said 7-9. I was exited for this season, but thought there was way too much turnover in the defense to have a real good record. I also expected O-line improvement, but not as much or as quickly as I have seen so far. I think 9-7 is a real possibility even though we face tough competition going forward. I doubt we hit 10 wins, but I’ve been happily wrong so far.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
I never made a prediction so I can't say how it changed, however,

I know something was brewing when I saw Suh get pancaked by Fluker. That was my ah hah moment.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2zg4y0zh said:
I don't remember what i guessed on final record.

Well that was helpful.

justafan

Reaction score
I thought this year would be the low point. I was thinking .500 or below. Now I am hoping for a play off birth. Wins and losses arent as important as the corner this team turned after last years BS and drama. This team is a breath of fresh air regardless of where they finish.

bandiger

Reaction score
Didn't think an O-line could just get so much better in just a season. Its amazing really.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I thought and still think 8-8. Thrilled with anything above that.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3s45gdfv said:
I thought and still think 8-8. Thrilled with anything above that.

“The team sucks so much that 8-8 is their sad reality at best. Why even watch? ”

:p

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Yes, it has. I started the season with the mindset that 9-7 was a possibility if everything fell into place... and that meant a LOT had to fall into place... o-line under Solari had to turn it around, particularly Ifedi, young defensive secondary having a VERY steep learning curve, hoping that Earl would return and make a difference, hoping that Chris Carson returns to his early 2017 form, etc. Realistically, I expected 7-9 or 8-8 at very best.

Now, I believe that we will be in every game for the rest of the year. There will be no 42-7 blow-outs like there was last year against the Rams.

I believe that this team's ceiling this year is 11-5... but more likely the Hawks record will be 10-6, which I believe is totally achievable.

mistaowen

Reaction score
It's playing out the way I thought record wise but did not expect the offensive line or defense to be playing this well yet. I was expecting some improvement in o-line play to league average and the defense to fall to around league average but get better as they got experience. Very happy to see how quickly the new guys stepped up and some of the young core emerge. I thought 10 wins would be a good landing spot with a shot at WC given the anticipation for fixing the run game.

toffee

Reaction score
Aros":142cihko said:
Well, I predicted 10-6 which is admittedly more optimistic than most without any real reason I could quantify.

But now? I feel 10-6 isn't so laughable anymore and this team just might make it which would include a wildcard.

If we make the wildcard, we will be the team nobody wants to play.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I figured if we won more than 7 games it would be great under the circumstances. Somewhat modified my position; 9 wins more than likely, 10 - 11 more than possible.

evergreen

Reaction score
I’m sure I felt about .500 but it’s more like 2012 than anything else. Stars rising all over again. Who are you afraid of now? Yeah. Nobody.