Hawks 1st TD celebration in SB should be.......

AgentDib

Reaction score
I couldn't care less about how players celebrate as long as they avoid flags. However, acting like you have done something before can be a helpful mindset at times. Downplaying the importance of an event is a time honored sports psychology trick to handle the pressure.

What I find interesting is that the Seahawks actually come at this problem from the other direction. They overstate the importance of the lesser games to achieve the same goal of not having an unusual amount of pressure in the final game. This will be the 19th championship game that most of the Seahawks have played in this season.

DJrmb":2lnh0nrl said:
Would you tell a little kid to quiet down and "act like they've been there before" when they get the Christmas present of their dreams and are so excited they do a little dance or go around showing everyone?
Are they making noise and being annoying about it? If so they should go sit quietly in the corner like an adult and keep their new 4th edition Actuarial Mathematics book to themselves. It's probably not their first Christmas and there aren't that many changes from the 3rd edition they got last year.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
If ML finds reason to celebrate (a TD, or a big run), he shouldn't do the crotch grab (not that I don't love the crotch grab because I do - I just don't want to see the dude getting hit with fines!)

1. Instead he could reach down towards the crotch area with outstretched fingers, and as he approaches his nuts while we all anticipate the imminent grab he should just stop short of completing the act and then relax and walk away...

PSYCHE!!! Damn, that 'in your face NFL" would annoy the league office something fierce!!

OR

2. As I said in another thread, instead of Marshawn grabbing his junk he should just gesture to the crowd and have all the 12s grab their junk in honour of ML.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Drop the ball like in my avatar, do the Sexy Black Santa (Bennett), roll the stomach (Mebane), do the Ric Flair ( Thurmond) then do the triple pump ( Hingle McCringleberry )
lynchwalks.gif

Sexyseahawks medium

Mebelly medium

Walter Thurman does Ric Flair strut

[youtube]RGJb2iLvOKE[/youtube]

taco40

Reaction score
ivotuk":1r55opab said:
DJrmb":1r55opab said:
"Act like you've been there before"

Is such a dumb and ignorant statement usually made by people who have never "been there before"... I hate it so much, why can't someone celebrate their own accomplishment and be happy they scored a TD??? Would you tell someone that won a jackpot at Vegas to shut up and "act like you've been there before"? NO! Or maybe if you're a complete jerk... Would you tell a little kid to quiet down and "act like they've been there before" when they get the Christmas present of their dreams and are so excited they do a little dance or go around showing everyone? Maybe the 12's should "act like we've been there before" and not celebrate the Seahawks winning another Super Bowl? Such a stupid statement... :roll:

Oh yes, yet another poster who feels necessary to pass judgment on someone else's post. I take it you've played in the NFL before and that's what allows you to climb up on your high horse?

Thanks for letting us little people know what opinions are "dumb and ignorant." All of those NFL players and analysts who say "act like you've been there before" must also be dumb and ignorant.

Let me clue you in, I didn't invent that statement but have heard it multiple times from NFL players. Maybe you should tell them how Stupid it is.

You know what real ignorance is? Belittling other people's posts as if you are right and they are wrong. That's ignorance. Let me give you another quote to help you navigate .Net:

"No one persons opinion on here is any more or less valid than anyone else's."

Grow up and learn how to treat others with respect.

P.S. I'm not sure how some random person winning a jackpot correlates with an NFL player being watched on TV by millions and who actually "has been there before."

I love Marshawn Lynch's approach and think it would be great if the rest of the team emulated him.

well said. thank you.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
ivotuk":124o48fr said:
Oh yes, yet another poster who feels necessary to pass judgment on someone else's post. I take it you've played in the NFL before and that's what allows you to climb up on your high horse?

Yet it is exactly what you did.

What gives you the right? Because you heard a small number of overpaid and simple minded athletes say it?

Talk about high-horses.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Hawks 1st TD celebration in SB should be.......

.....followed quickly by another!