Hawks Interested in Karlos Dansby

McGruff

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3r7igqop said:
Yeah, maybe a vet min or close to it, along with a specialized role for minimal snap count.. Otherwise, let's wait until camp to see if we really even need him. 12 seasons is a lot of wear and tear.

I think most every player left in the FA pool is a wait until after the draft kind of prospect.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
McGruff":117amzxh said:
MysterMatt":117amzxh said:
Yeah, maybe a vet min or close to it, along with a specialized role for minimal snap count.. Otherwise, let's wait until camp to see if we really even need him. 12 seasons is a lot of wear and tear.

I think most every player left in the FA pool is a wait until after the draft kind of prospect.
Pretty much agree.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They could move Wagner to Irvin's SAM spot and put Dansby at MLB. Wagner is plenty of fast and can cover if needed. I'm positive they will keep Wagner where he's at but it is an option at the very least.

King Dog

Reaction score
KPL hasn't proved squat. Dansby would be a welcome addition if the price is right imo.

crosfam

Reaction score
I really wanted us to draft him as a rookie. But now... heck, I'd still love to see him in blue for a vet min (almost) contract. He can get that ring.

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3h3gj3fh said:
Another option for a vet LB that I've always liked, who could be better at WLB vs MLB, is Donald Butler.
As a 12 living in SD, let me say that Butler is the epitome of a guy who got paid and then dialed it all the way back. It's conceivable that he could undergo a resurgence in Seattle but I just don't see it.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sonichellboy":f62dyrxn said:
vin.couve12":f62dyrxn said:
Another option for a vet LB that I've always liked, who could be better at WLB vs MLB, is Donald Butler.
As a 12 living in SD, let me say that Butler is the epitome of a guy who got paid and then dialed it all the way back. It's conceivable that he could undergo a resurgence in Seattle but I just don't see it.
With him, I wouldn't recommend more than a little more than the vet min on a 1 year deal. I wouldn't be surprised if Norton has his eye on him too though. He killed USC for 2 years in a row.

Dansby I might got for 1 year 3M. He could play WLB and put his natural pass defense skills to really good use because of our common cover 3 look. In a cover 3, usually you see one of three combinations as to who covers the 2 short/middle zones. It will be either the MLB and the WLB or the MLB and the SS most of the time. They're ridiculously hard zones to cover compared to a cover 2. With the cover 2, you have 3 guys in that zone (cover 2 buc is slightly different). The spacing and area to cover for those 2 short/middle zones in a cover 3 is thus much more vast. Dansby might only be as fast as Wright at this point even at age 34, but his instincts in pass coverage are clearly superior, IMO.

He needs to play WLB for Seattle. Then again, he's also a better pass rusher as well....

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
2 years ago? You have my support. Now? No let's go young and cheap and trust our veterans to train them up like Pittsburgh and others.

olyfan63

Reaction score
At the right price, Dansby could be that key sub who fills in for key injured guys with minimal dropoff, gives us depth, and helps coach up any new LBs we get in the draft or UDFA that stick. Maybe helps light a fire under KPL too. Our Kevin Williams of 2016.

What should our price be? If he'll come here for $2M? 3M?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
olyfan63":n2wcpyku said:
At the right price, Dansby could be that key sub who fills in for key injured guys with minimal dropoff, gives us depth, and helps coach up any new LBs we get in the draft or UDFA that stick. Maybe helps light a fire under KPL too. Our Kevin Williams of 2016.

What should our price be? If he'll come here for $2M? 3M?
Whatever the veteran minimum is. Not a penny more. We don't actually have the cap room to spend on a position we aren't actually weak in. If he wants a legitimate shot at a ring he wouldn't ask for more unlike Jared Allen, which by the way is not even remembered in Kansas City.

Davidess

Reaction score
Is after june 1st the date in which incoming FAs don't count towards the comp picks? Because honestly I don't see the hawks doing much of anything else FA wise until after that date. The guys they've brought in don't seem to have much of a market so I wouldn't be surprised if the hawks are playing it out till June (or whenever that magical date occurs) Probably have some visits but most likely wont be giving out contracts that are guaranteed and more than likely camp body veterans (E.g Dansby, Mike Neal and others)

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
With Marsh @ 255 possibly getting a legitimate chance to take over SLB, I'm changing my tune about Dansby. If he wants to sign at or near the vet min, then great. Otherwise let it play out in TC. I think that Marsh is just a football player through and through whether that be at DE, OLB, or taking TE reps or whatever.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/712346987585085440[/tweet]

DJrmb

Reaction score
Davidess":1m1jxwq1 said:
Is after june 1st the date in which incoming FAs don't count towards the comp picks? Because honestly I don't see the hawks doing much of anything else FA wise until after that date. The guys they've brought in don't seem to have much of a market so I wouldn't be surprised if the hawks are playing it out till June (or whenever that magical date occurs) Probably have some visits but most likely wont be giving out contracts that are guaranteed and more than likely camp body veterans (E.g Dansby, Mike Neal and others)

The cutoff for UFA's not counting against comp picks moved to May 12th.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/31/june-1-free-agency-deadline-moved-to-may-12/

naholmes

Reaction score
Davidess":j02qa0nl said:
Is after june 1st the date in which incoming FAs don't count towards the comp picks?
That date was moved from June 1st to May 12th:
http://overthecap.com/2016-compensatory ... e-5122015/

But I don't think it matters in the case of Karlos Dansby because he was released. I would love to see him in a Seahawks uniform but for all the talk about going to a contender I'm sure he would have been signed already if he was going to sign for the vet min. More than likely he is going after one last payday and winning is just part of the consideration. I would be in favor of giving him Webb money because there is need a LB with Irvin departing. Dansby is proven commodity and he showed he could still play last season, even on a really bad team. At this point in his career he might not fill that void left by Irvin solely by himself but he would be a big contributor, as well as insurance for KPL. I can't really see Clark or Marsh having much success when they are forced to drop into coverage.

pehawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3c5fisvu said:
With Marsh @ 255 possibly getting a legitimate chance to take over SLB, I'm changing my tune about Dansby. If he wants to sign at or near the vet min, then great. Otherwise let it play out in TC. I think that Marsh is just a football player through and through whether that be at DE, OLB, or taking TE reps or whatever.

If vin's down with Marsh I am.

I always thought he'd be the type to get garbage sacks based on his hustle alone. But, he's never been afforded the consistent interior pressure I assumed when I made that assumption.

He'd be an interesting option at SLB.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
My guess is that the Seahawks talked to him about a low paying 1 year contract and he probably wasn't satisfied with that. Going to visit the Bengals, it would seem his statements about getting a ring aren't all that serious.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/713046505070981121[/tweet]

Ozzy

Reaction score
pehawk":27a7m7jp said:
vin.couve12":27a7m7jp said:

If vin's down with Marsh I am.

I always thought he'd be the type to get garbage sacks based on his hustle alone. But, he's never been afforded the consistent interior pressure I assumed when I made that assumption.

He'd be an interesting option at SLB.
Too slow to take over Irvin's spot IMO. Could see him as part of a group effort but that's about it.