Hawk's London game may be moved- FYI to those planning to go

Hawkfish

Reaction score
The Seahawks’ game in London against the Raiders on Oct. 14 may be moved to Wembley due to construction issues with a new stadium in Tottenham.

That news came via a Tweet Thursday morning from NFLUK stating that “construction issues” with the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium could make a move necessary.

The Seahawks’ game is one of three that will be played in London this season. The other two were already scheduled for the iconic Wembley Stadium with the league having contracted with Wembley to be a backup for the Seahawks-Raiders game, if necessary.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... o-wembley/

daveyoung52

Reaction score
Should have been Wembley from the start, dumb idea putting the game with easily the biggest demand in a stadium with a third less capacity. IMHO of course. :roll:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Agreed, but maybe this will open up some more tickets for folks that want to go but couldn’t because the new place was smaller than wembly????

DY_Seahawk

Reaction score
Being based in the UK I would be amazed if the stadium is ready for the hawks game.

I think the tweet they put out last night, means they are already having reservations/concerns and I would imagine the game will be moved and this is just a pre-warning (to cover themselves).

Having a season ticket for Wembley should mean I am guaranteed a ticket (well i would hope) before the remaining go on general sale.

I know a couple of already messaged me so all being well if our group have spares I will let you all know at no extra cost and sold at face value......

Anyone definetly heading over or travelling down from the midlands? be great to meet a few other fans over a beer or two :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fingers, Legs and some other stuff crossed. If you somehow end up w/an extra pair, I would love to swoop them up. I can see to it that you get a game in Seattle in my seats, any game you want.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
My contact in the UK had noted that back-up plan was always Wembley or Twickenham which will be a much much larger capacity in any case.