Hawks sign DT Earl Mitchell

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo · 4m4 minutes ago

#Seahawks are signing veteran DT Earl Mitchell, source says. He stays in the NFC West after starting the last two years for the #49ers. With Jarran Reed suspended six games, Mitchell can play a big role early.

McGruff

Reaction score
That is less inspiring than I expected, and my expectations were pretty low.

Chapow

Reaction score
Seahawks4life":vwmxmrq2 said:
They need to open the pocket book a little and go get Mike Daniels.

From the Reed thread.

Sgt. Largent":vwmxmrq2 said:
Daniels ended the year on the IR with a foot injury, so why would the Packers release one of their best players who they're only paying 10M a year if there's not something more serious going on with Daniel's foot to where he's not going to be ready or playing at a diminished level? 10M is a bargain for a upper tier D-lineman.

Seems like there's probably a good reason why they aren't pursuing Daniels.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It will be for more than 6 weeks as he is vested veteran and as such his contract will be guaranteed if he is on the roster when the playing season officially begins.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
McGruff":61243tje said:

What were your expectations?

Reeds suspended for six games, any signing was going to be a temporary bargain band aid signing until Reed's back.

chris98251

Reaction score
Why would we sign a 10 million plus dollar player that's injured when we let Clark go who was young and healthy for a bit more.

Seahawks4life

Reaction score
chris98251":3quh5xv6 said:
Why would we sign a 10 million plus dollar player that's injured when we let Clark go who was young and healthy for a bit more.

Other reports say Mike daniels is fully healthy and was only cut because of financial which is 8.3m opened in cap for GB.

Green bay tried to trade him and no bites so chances are will be 1 or 2 yr deal at 6-8m range.

Clark was paid 21m a year...

rcaido

Reaction score
chris98251":2401oivc said:

Madden

Seahawks4life

Reaction score
Chapow":27tzycph said:
Seahawks4life":27tzycph said:
They need to open the pocket book a little and go get Mike Daniels.

From the Reed thread.

Sgt. Largent":27tzycph said:
Daniels ended the year on the IR with a foot injury, so why would the Packers release one of their best players who they're only paying 10M a year if there's not something more serious going on with Daniel's foot to where he's not going to be ready or playing at a diminished level? 10M is a bargain for a upper tier D-lineman.

Seems like there's probably a good reason why they aren't pursuing Daniels.

Seen reports that say this is total surprise, and only cut because of financial reasons after there spending spree in offseason. Either way, Seattle will prolly not pursue but he'd be a upgrade , and immediately change our outlook on dline.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":14hixcca said:
McGruff":14hixcca said:

Reeds suspended for six games, any signing was going to be a temporary bargain band aid signing until Reed's back.

Doesn't have to be!! Reed is likely a short timer here (10 +? games and gone) and we need a long term solution the way I see this.

McGruff

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3g33vx6c said:
McGruff":3g33vx6c said:

Low.

I would've preferred Rubin or Luiget.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":1fhh984u said:

What? A bit more??

Clark was over $20M per year average...DOUBLE the $$ :roll:

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, nobody else has signed Rubin or Liuget. There's clearly a reason for it. As in EVERY team in the league has passed on them to this point, not just the Hawks.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Mitchell is fine.

For a DT he's perhaps slightly better against the pass than the run, but at this point in his career he's not particularly effective at either.

He was inactive for the last month of last year not because he can't play, but because the 9ers season was toastz they knew they'd be cutting him, and they had younger guys they wanted to give some run.

I wouldn't love or hate this signing, TBH.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
The 49ers are trash and you don't get better signing their cast offs. Hope he gets cut.

Latest posts