He didn't have a message..

OP
OP
SeaChase

SeaChase

Reaction score
KatarHol":2izq8s5u said:
SeaChase":2izq8s5u said:
I think Wilson usually talks people up on the sideline but didn't have a message to the disastrous 1st half play. Just my guess
That is the most comically bad interpretation of that quote possible. Almost troll like

You must not watch the games do you? Wilson is always talking up the sideline. Until you give you insightful interpretation of the quote then your comment is more troll like than anything.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
irocdave":t8g7wjln said:
WTF is Baldwin going off about? Were reporters on the side line telling they suck and lost the game? What am I missing here?

Baldwin is just sort of a clown who imagines slights that aren't there. He would be a great .NET poster.

KatarHol

Reaction score
Seanhawk":zm5eyjlk said:
Scottemojo":zm5eyjlk said:
WendellWent":zm5eyjlk said:
Scottemojo":zm5eyjlk said:
I understood him. Angie tried to make the game about Russell. It wasn't about Russell.

I think it was more about the fact he didn't NEED a message, Russell didn't NEED to say anything.
I could see that too.

I think you were right the first time. When Kearse and Baldwin were asked about Russell during their press conference and they shot a glance at each other that I thought they might be annoyed or at least an inside joke between them. I'm probably wrong, but if I'm not it's a little sad. Russell talks them up every chance he gets.
You are reading way too much into that glance. That was immediately after Baldwin stepped in during Kearse's presser and gave a patented diatribe about the media, it seemed that they were still laughing about that.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1sd20i4i said:
Scottemojo":1sd20i4i said:
WendellWent":1sd20i4i said:
Scottemojo":1sd20i4i said:
I understood him. Angie tried to make the game about Russell. It wasn't about Russell.

I think it was more about the fact he didn't NEED a message, Russell didn't NEED to say anything.
I could see that too.

I think you were right the first time. When Kearse and Baldwin were asked about Russell during their press conference and they shot a glance at each other that I thought they might be annoyed or at least an inside joke between them. I'm probably wrong, but if I'm not it's a little sad. Russell talks them up every chance he gets.

So we are in the business of interpreting glances now? Why on God's green earth would Doug fire shots across Russell's bow at this point?

KatarHol

Reaction score
SeaChase":3og6u1kc said:
KatarHol":3og6u1kc said:
SeaChase":3og6u1kc said:
I think Wilson usually talks people up on the sideline but didn't have a message to the disastrous 1st half play. Just my guess
That is the most comically bad interpretation of that quote possible. Almost troll like

You must not watch the games do you? Wilson is always talking up the sideline. Until you give you insightful interpretation of the quote then your comment is more troll like than anything.
So you honestly believe that Wilson wasn't 'talking up the sideline' because of his 'disastrous play', and that this lack of communication is what had Baldwin screaming after the game.

Wow

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Frankly, any of you who make too much of this are novella craving drama queens. It was venting after an emotional game. means nothing.

OP
OP
SeaChase

SeaChase

Reaction score
KatarHol":3lejp6wq said:
SeaChase":3lejp6wq said:
KatarHol":3lejp6wq said:
SeaChase":3lejp6wq said:

So you honestly believe that Wilson wasn't 'talking up the sideline' because of his 'disastrous play', and that this lack of communication is what had Baldwin screaming after the game.

Wow

Possibly. At that point in the game Wilson could have been more focused on studying the defense while on the sideline looking to find a weakness to capitalize on.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Jeez. He's NOT calling out his QB. Quite the opposite. "It is special to... show the world that this is a team. This is not just individuals playing football."

For anyone who needs it slowed down with clear, unemotional words, here are more of Doug's thoughts & feelings in his own words:

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Doug_Baldwin_Interview_vs_Packers/f885396a-541b-4a51-a105-c725092f3123[/urltargetblank]

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1elwr9pl said:
What the heck does that mean? I do get Baldwin being overcome with emotions after this improbable come back but he was shut down most of the day and had trouble separating when covered by green bay line backers.
Baldwin 6/9 106 yds.

Shut down most of the day?

fan4life

Reaction score
I discount anything ADB said because that was a ridiculous question (specifically, the word 'message'). A moment like that shouldn't be about any one player. "What were you guys saying to each other when you won the coin toss in OT?" - would have gotten a much better answer.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
fan4life":1dmw8gpz said:
I discount anything ADB said because that was a ridiculous question (specifically, the word 'message'). A moment like that shouldn't be about any one player. "What were you guys saying to each other when you won the coin toss in OT?" - would have gotten a much better answer.
Agreed. Leading questions like that are very hack-ish.

And to put to rest any lingering thoughts of discord on the sideline:

Jermaine Kearse":1dmw8gpz said:
"Throughout the game, he kept coming up to us and being positive,” Kearse said of Wilson. “He said, 'We're gonna win this game. There’s no doubt in my mind and I’m going to keep coming to you guys. I’m going to stay aggressive.' Things weren't going well for the offense, but he led us back.”
[urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/11466/wilson-and-kearse-never-gave-up-on-each-other[/urltargetblank]

chevelle03

Reaction score
I think the problem was with the word message. The team didn't need some rah rah Disney sports movie speech to be inspired. They just needed their leader to stay positive and that's exactly what he did.

Latest posts