Hercules in cleats??

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We got to the Super Bowl with Jeremy Stevens.

He had a lot of drops, but when he caught that ball - it was often a long gain if not a TD. He was a big weapon for us. For years.

If this guy ends up being another Jeremy Stevens, even with the drops that came with him, I would still be pretty happy.

Stevens was fast, big, and difficult to cover.

I know DK is a WR and not a TE, but him turning into a less criminal version of Jeremy Stevens wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Why is everyone so surprised at his ability to run routes at rookie camp?

He showed this at the combine and his pro day.

I understand he didn't catch a lot of passes besides the go route in games, but I recall an interview with his receiver's coach on a local sports talk show and he confirmed DK ran all kinds of routes/patterns in practice. They just didn't call them in games.

The radio heads just chuckled and didn't believe his receivers coach. Well, he may have the last laugh after all.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chapow":2ey9kwq7 said:
Sgt. Largent":2ey9kwq7 said:
Not since Joey Galloway have I been this excited about a Seahawk receiver draft pick.

I'll be honest, I was this excited about both Koren Robinson and Jeremy Stevens.

My bad.

Lol..............don't feel bad, in the old days we'd get excited with just about every draft pick because we were so desperate for some hope to cling too to finally not suck.

I remember when we got Bosworth in the supplemental draft, running around all excited that FINALLY we were going to be great!

Chapow

Reaction score
IDK, I thought both Robinson and Stevens turned out to be fairly disappointing considering that they were both first round picks and the expectations were quite high for both of them.

Robinson had 1 very good season for us and 1 pretty good season sandwiched in between 2 mediocre seasons, and was ultimately only here for 4 years*. (5 if we include when he came back for 1 season in 2008, but by then we all knew he would never be the guy we all hoped he was when he was drafted)

Stevens was here for 5 years and his best season by far was 2005 in which he had 45 receptions for 554 yards and 5 TDs. Although he did have 11 for 104 and 2 TDs in the playoffs that season as well. Outside of 2005 though, his production was pretty much replacement level which is pretty disappointing for a 1st round pick.

They both also had their fair share of issues off the field with alcohol, and in the case of Stevens a lot of other crap as well.

mikeak

Reaction score
Chapow":10r9l0nn said:
Sgt. Largent":10r9l0nn said:
Not since Joey Galloway have I been this excited about a Seahawk receiver draft pick.

I'll be honest, I was this excited about both Koren Robinson and Jeremy Stevens.

My bad.

Robinson was a huge disappointment for being drafted at number 5

Rookie season was nothing special, second year was really good then tapered off.

Made pro-bowl as a returner for Minnesota

His issue was alcohol. Had a DUI and several drinking related issues. I still have his jersey in the basement as he was drafted out of NC State the year before I moved to Seattle from...….NC State :)

HawkGA

Reaction score
He was the #9 pick, but I don't think that really changes any of your point.

Steve2222

Reaction score
KRob was an alcoholic just like Stevens was. There’s stories about teammates carrying him out of his hotel room Sunday mornings because he was still (Edited for language) up from the night prior.

toffee

Reaction score
Football is more than just measurable, otherwise Kurt Durham, our 4th round pick in 2011 could be good:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris_Durham

Pre-draft measurable:

Height: 6 ft 6 in
Weight: 216 lb
40-yard dash: 4.46 s
10-yd split: 1.66 s
20-yd split: 2.59 s
20-ss: 4.41 s
3-cone: 6.89 s
Vert jump: 36 in
Broad: 10 ft 1 in
BP: 17 reps
All values from NFL Combine

Dude was tall, fast, great 3 cone, battle tested by tough SEC, but couldn't play, could he?

mikeak

Reaction score
HawkGA":375soznk said:
He was the #9 pick, but I don't think that really changes any of your point.

Funny I always remembered him as the #5 pick but you are right - that would be incorrect. Thanks for the correction and no it doesn't change my point :)

Hopefully Metcalf not only stays sober but turns out to be a Seahawks great!!! (needed to get it back on subject)

toffee

Reaction score
mikeak":6mu2ggg7 said:
HawkGA":6mu2ggg7 said:
Hopefully Metcalf not only stays sober but turns out to be a Seahawks great!!! (needed to get it back on subject)

From all the stuff I read about Metcalf, he came across as a pretty driven young man. As a fellow rebel and a 12, I am emotionally invested in his future success, he is my adopted rookie. Hoping Angry Doug would stay for another season or two, health permits, Metcalf could learn so much from Baldwin.

mikeak

Reaction score
toffee":3ew6deah said:
mikeak":3ew6deah said:
HawkGA":3ew6deah said:

From all the stuff I read about Metcalf, he came across as a pretty driven young man. As a fellow rebel and a 12, I am emotionally invested in his future success, he is my adopted rookie. Hoping Angry Doug would stay for another season or two, health permits, Metcalf could learn so much from Baldwin.

Agreed but maybe we see Baldwin like Avril being around the team and the players and work into a coaching role. Former players that can teach are invaluable in the same organization they played for IMHO.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ivotuk":2uv1rr5m said:
I've noticed this in his videos also. He "snatches" the ball out of the air. Not quite with the authority of an OBJ r Crabtree, but he's almost there. I'm o expert, but I have noticed over the years, that grabbing the ball out of the air is one of the things that I've noticed is common among very good WRs.
OBJ is also a showboat who would rather make a one-handed catch to hear the crowd roar than a two-handed catch to secure the ball more effectively. I don't want Metcalf to be like OBJ.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":nylafhcw said:
ivotuk":nylafhcw said:
I've noticed this in his videos also. He "snatches" the ball out of the air. Not quite with the authority of an OBJ r Crabtree, but he's almost there. I'm o expert, but I have noticed over the years, that grabbing the ball out of the air is one of the things that I've noticed is common among very good WRs.
OBJ is also a showboat who would rather make a one-handed catch to hear the crowd roar than a two-handed catch to secure the ball more effectively. I don't want Metcalf to be like OBJ.

Don't see that happening, Pete reigned in Tate pretty fast on his showboating and taunting.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
this kid will end up being the steal of the draft. This draft will end up rivaling the 2012 draft. Boom, I said it. marker my words!!