Hip Surgery for Bruce Irvin today

pmedic920

Reaction score
ery3ageq.jpg

Yikes.
# nextmanup

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Interesting. Can't really say much without knowing the severity of the injury/surgery. A Harvin-like issue is probably a worst case scenario, but he had his surgery in August, not June, so you could still get him back in time or at least early in the season based on Harvin's timeline last year.

Wonder if Harvin's ability to bounce back from the procedure has convinced some of our guys to do it when they might have otherwise played through it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Bruce just tweeted this:

Bruce Irvin ‏@BIrvin_WVU11 3m
Didn't want this to get out but I'm fine! Will b back by training camp! For all u people saying this a make or break year for me!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2nhfsz5g said:
Bruce just tweeted this:

Didn't want this to get out but I'm fine! Will b back by training camp! For all u people saying this a make or break year for me!

Gotta love Bruce. Always aware of all his doubters.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
"Hip Surgery" is obviously Seahawks code for something else.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3o7q0q54 said:
DavidSeven":3o7q0q54 said:
Bruce just tweeted this:

Gotta love Bruce. Always aware of all his doubters.
And here's hoping there are none, myself included, after this next season.

Good news from him by the way.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I hope his tweet is 100% true.
Makes me wonder, why did he wait this long?
IMHO if he needed it, should of had it sooner. The extra heal/rehab time could not have hurt.

Basis4day

Reaction score
pmedic920":1194ksfd said:
IMHO if he needed it, should of had it sooner. The extra heal/rehab time could not have hurt.

Entirely possible that he wanted to see if he could play through it based on performance at OTA's and discussions with training staff.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
yaknow i wouldnt be surprised if he has as similar issue to Kam, saw how fast Kam was recovering, and decided to go for it and get it out of the way.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Basis4day":1hxm8qli said:
pmedic920":1hxm8qli said:

Entirely possible that he wanted to see if he could play through it based on performance at OTA's and discussions with training staff.

Yea, I'm sure it will all be OK, I'm just nervous and excited about the upcoming.
I'm sure most feel the same.
None of us want any set backs.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I call bull. If he really needed this surgery (like another poster suggested earlier), why did he wait this long? Off-season basketball injury maybe?? No, I have no info but this story stinks.

Edited by Throwdown, masking the vowels in a curse word doesn't change anything.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This procedure must have become necessary as a result of something that happened late in season and was ignored or something that happened as he worked out to keep in shape.

Hip injuries are always something not to screw around with and it is far better to do the work early than to wait and have to deal with residual complications from ignoring fixing the labrum or removing loose debris in the hip socket or even shaving the femur head to repair irregularities., then repairing the damage caused by the problems.

Bruce has one of the best orthopaedic surgeons in the business to go to with the team so if he's been told he could be back by the time camp starts he probably knows more about what needs to be done than any of us speculate.

I'm hopeful he comes back and is a defensive force this season.

Largent80

Reaction score
I always wonder about time tables with surgeries. Seems like he could have had this done a couple months ago?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Largent80":38h4ml37 said:
I always wonder about time tables with surgeries. Seems like he could have had this done a couple months ago?

That makes the assumption that it was known that he had to have surgery and the surgeon performing it was available a couple months ago.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Obviously he knew he needed surgery the day after the season was over. He's just trying to make less money next year and screw over all of the Seahawks fans.

halfrack

Reaction score
He just had surgery. I don't know why he's just having it now and frankly I don't care. Speculation only feeds discontent at this point. Get well soon Bruce, we need you!