Holding, or the lack thereof.

OP
OP
Rose City Hawk

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":2j1av51s said:
Excellent discussion. It's really nice to see a civilized conversation over referees and rules with out people making it in to an excuse.

I don't mind if referees overlook holding penalties because it's an overly adjudicated call and needs to be changed. Nothing can ruin a good offensive groove quicker than a 10 yard holding penalty. I keep begging for them to change the rule to 5 yards! If you're going to change a rule, that's the one to change damnit!

Just listening to Clayton on 710, there have only been 8 one hundred yard games this year! That's ridiculous!

I agree with the 5 yrd hold, 10 has always seemed a bit much.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I'd rather the refs just let more stuff go overall. It seems like half of the time, I'm watching refs deliberating with each other rather than watching football. When something good or bad happens on the field, I find myself waiting to see if there are any flags before I react.

Refs are way too involved in games, and it seems to be getting worse each year.

Green Bay's o-line got away with the sort of holding good o-lines have always gotten away with. If you want to draw a penalty, the rushing defender has to get around the blocker enough that it forces the o-lineman to extend his arms. It's not "holding" that gets called really, it's "dragging."

Latest posts