Holmy wanted to go to the NINerS?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":3oc4ss1u said:
Pete Caroll is 63, Mike Holmgren is 67. To say the game has passed him by is ridiculous.

Not a good comparison.

Carroll has been leading the way for decades on innovating the game with how he manages players, and because he came from USC he was also in tune with the young modern football player..........which has translated tremendously to him staying relevant and successful for a 63 year old coach.

Holmgren on the other hand is a salty my way or the highway old school coach that refused to change his style, or the way he evaluated talent for drafting and managing his players. Thus his troubles in Cleveland, and subsequent part time job as a radio guest.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
For the record, I still stand by my statement.

Tomsula might be unprepared for the HC spotlight, but I'd say he'll remain an unknown until we have evidence of how he performs. He still represents potential.

Holmgren... well, you know what you're going to get. And at this point, it's not something anyone needs.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Any big prestige hire like Coach Holmes would have a degree of autonomy that the Niners ownership will not tolerate--thus the lowly Tomsula, and bye-bye Harbaugh. Niners ownership requires a hc who shuts up and goes along with the corporate paradigm.

Latest posts