Honey Badger giving props

Ozzy

Reaction score
Agreed. I think it's set up well for them to hit at key spots. Time will tell though.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I was so wrong about the HB. thought he was too slow. Dude just plain understands what offenses are trying to do. Has Lofa instincts.

kearly

Reaction score
I liked him personally and thought the character stuff was something he could overcome. I didn't like him as a prospect because he was "Mr. right place right time" in college. Even today I'd still contend that most of his college highlights boiled down to dumb luck (fumbles bouncing right into his arms, that kind of thing). I should have given him more credit for being instinctual though. His NFL career has proven that the "magic" he creates is not a fluke.

He looked pretty bad covering Jimmy Graham though, which shows that his size and lack of athleticism can be exploited. He's a guy you can go after if you have the right player to do it.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1jvmlqxt said:
TeamoftheCentury":1jvmlqxt said:
I just don't get why teams don't take calculated risks on certain players.
Bruce Irvin? Frank Clark?
Yeah, yeah. Wise guy. :lol: When it comes right down to it... EVERY player is a calculated risk. Not what I meant here.

Good examples if you quote just a snipet of what I said to fit one stand alone statement to argue. If you want to represent what I meant by that stand alone statement more accurately, it would be hyperbole. But, I'll further tell you what I meant with your given specific examples.

I'm talking about players that fall as far as they did that otherwise should have been MUCH higher. You can't even put Sherman or Chancellor in that category because Pre-Draft there was no consensus that they could be top players (that they ultimately proved doubters wrong.)

So, for your examples: Clark was drafted about where he should have been (#63 overall) - maybe even a bit higher than projected overall. Irvin was drafted higher than most projected (#15 overall) - though there were a few that were interested in the middle of the first round. Mathieu was drafted #69 overall. But, if not for the weed, he would have been a sure first rounder - maybe a HIGH (no pun intended) 1st rounder. Collins dropped like a rock. Really, for nothin. ("Guilt by association" suspicions that were already being dismissed even before the draft. I think there was enough known to that point to make selecting him WELL worth a late round pick.)

I'm just envious of Arizona and Dallas for being the teams that benefited from players like Mathieu and Collins dropping and getting excellent value for known top talent commodities.

Yes, the Seahawks have been fortunate to land some draft steals. But, usually players that exceeded their level of play based on draft expectations. I can't think of a similar example to Mathieu and Collins. There might be one.