Horrible holding call

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is the problem with running the ball. It doesn't matter if you make a mistake, the referee making a mistake kills your drive too.

It is almost impossible to overcome 2nd and 20 if you don't have a pass friendly/heavy offense.

pmedic920

Reaction score
That last holding call ultimately changed (or potentially) changed the outcome of this game.

Holding is way to subjective IMHO

IT IS NOT called equally or consistently.
I see holding NOT CALLED way to often to not believe it’s used as a tool to steer outcomes.

And I’m not just saying it’s only the Seahawks or targeted against them specifically, it’s a league wide issue, and varies widely from game to game, team to team, or ref crew.

Rainger

Reaction score
The NFL decides each game who they want to win! The officials probably had money on the Falcons and could not let the Hawks score on the last play and beat the spread. Thus a bull shit call to try to ensure the money into the pockets of the refs, proxies betting on the spread.

pmedic920

Reaction score
How do you know that? They never showed a clear view of it.
You don’t have to see “a clear view of it” to know and understand that “holding” is a subjective penalty.

“Holding” happens on almost every play in almost every game in the NFL (= FACT)

IMHO it’s also a FACT that “holding” when or if it’s called/not called is a very easy way for a game to be swayed/steered by the officials.

It’s not a Seahawk problem, it’s an NFL PROBLEM

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
You don’t have to see “a clear view of it” to know and understand that “holding” is a subjective penalty.

“Holding” happens on almost every play in almost every game in the NFL (= FACT)

IMHO it’s also a FACT that “holding” when or if it’s called/not called is a very easy way for a game to be swayed/steered by the officials.

It’s not a Seahawk problem, it’s an NFL PROBLEM
Your first sentence is utterly absurd. FACT

Your third sentence is even worse FACT (hint: don't say something is your opinion in the same sentence you are calling it a fact).

From the reverse angle it maybe easily shown a blatant hold out in space that had to be called, we don't know because they didn't show that angle. That didn't stop the usual whining about how rigged the NFL is. Like some billionaires are cool with their investment being devalued by constantly having the narrative go against them and losing out on postseason/champion success. They just go along with the plan for the legacy teams (which I guess now includes Atlanta) to get the calls. Sounds totally what a billionaire would do.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Your first sentence is utterly absurd. FACT

Your third sentence is even worse FACT (hint: don't say something is your opinion in the same sentence you are calling it a fact).

From the reverse angle it maybe easily shown a blatant hold out in space that had to be called, we don't know because they didn't show that angle. That didn't stop the usual whining about how rigged the NFL is. Like some billionaires are cool with their investment being devalued by constantly having the narrative go against them and losing out on postseason/champion success. They just go along with the plan for the legacy teams (which I guess now includes Atlanta) to get the calls. Sounds totally what a billionaire would do.
Ok Bro.

How bout you go re-watch any NFL game and focus on line play, watch any upcoming game and focus on line play.
I suggest you look for options available that may not be main stream TV broadcast, they are available if you truly want to see the truth, but TV streams will suffice.

If you can come back and say with a straight face that holding doesn’t occur in the vast majority of plays, in the vast majority of games, we can continue the discussion, otherwise you are making a dishonest argument.

I’m not making an argument for or against the particular play being discussed here, the comment you quoted was a generalization in relation to “holding” in the NFL.

I’m 100% against folks posting opinion as “fact”, I always have been, “holding being subjective” is not my opinion it is a fact, “holding occurring in most plays is NOT my opinion, it is a fact.
Go look for yourself and get back to me if you want to have an honest discussion about it.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Ok Bro.

How bout you go re-watch any NFL game and focus on line play, watch any upcoming game and focus on line play.
I suggest you look for options available that may not be main stream TV broadcast, they are available if you truly want to see the truth, but TV streams will suffice.

If you can come back and say with a straight face that holding doesn’t occur in the vast majority of plays, in the vast majority of games, we can continue the discussion, otherwise you are making a dishonest argument.

I’m not making an argument for or against the particular play being discussed here, the comment you quoted was a generalization in relation to “holding” in the NFL.

I’m 100% against folks posting opinion as “fact”, I always have been, “holding being subjective” is not my opinion it is a fact, “holding occurring in most plays is NOT my opinion, it is a fact.
Go look for yourself and get back to me if you want to have an honest discussion about it.
Hey dudebro, do you know what IMHO stands for? Because if you are against people posting opinion as fact, you should go back and re-read what you wrote. In case you don't, it means In My Honest Opinion. That's exactly what you did. You said this is my opinion, which is a FACT. You even capitalized both parts LOL.

Furthermore, you're making up what I said so you can have your little hissy reaction. I never said anything at all about whether or not there is holding every or most plays. Nothing. I only discussed the one holding that this whole thread is about, the drive killing one by Lewis. Nice speech though.

Again, your statements were absurd. If there's a clear hold out in the open, it's almost always going to get called. Not every time, but way more often than not a clear hold out in space, like on a screen, is going to get a flag. Until we see the angle the ref saw, calling it a horrible, subjective call is absurd.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hey dudebro, do you know what IMHO stands for? Because if you are against people posting opinion as fact, you should go back and re-read what you wrote. In case you don't, it means In My Honest Opinion. That's exactly what you did. You said this is my opinion, which is a FACT. You even capitalized both parts LOL.

Furthermore, you're making up what I said so you can have your little hissy reaction. I never said anything at all about whether or not there is holding every or most plays. Nothing. I only discussed the one holding that this whole thread is about, the drive killing one by Lewis. Nice speech though.

Again, your statements were absurd. If there's a clear hold out in the open, it's almost always going to get called. Not every time, but way more often than not a clear hold out in space, like on a screen, is going to get a flag. Until we see the angle the ref saw, calling it a horrible, subjective call is absurd.
The statement you replied to was “you don’t have to see a clear view of it” to understand that holding is subjective”.

You clearly stated that my premise is absurd.

I think you are arguing for the sake of arguing and have no clue.

Everything I said was a fact is a fact, if you want to dispute it do so honestly.

Do you dispute the fact that “holding” is a subjective penalty?

Do you dispute the fact that “holding” and when/if it’s called or not called is an easy way to sway or steer the outcome of a game?

If you don’t dispute either of those things we have no argument, if you do dispute them then let’s hear your honest argument.

Attachments

• 0DF3A606-0BE9-4F00-888E-4FF363AB7F6A.png
    0DF3A606-0BE9-4F00-888E-4FF363AB7F6A.png
    292 KB · Views: 2

pmedic920

Reaction score

And for the record:
You will forever forward be known to me as “mooseKnuckle”.
Nothing personal, it’s just hilarious.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
The statement you replied to was “you don’t have to see a clear view of it” to understand that holding is subjective”.

Everything I said was a fact is a fact, if you want to dispute it do so honestly.

Do you dispute the fact that “holding” and when/if it’s called or not called is an easy way to sway or steer the outcome of a game?

If you don’t dispute either of those things we have no argument, if you do dispute them then let’s hear your honest argument.
Wrong

It is

Wrong

It is

If you understood 1 and 2, you’d disagree with yourself here.

You clearly started a sentence “IMHO” then called it a fact, then said that can’t happen and now are tripling down on what you clearly said.

I still haven’t made any statement about holding in general. Yet you still keep making up my replies.

Latest posts