House Money

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sure, like all of us, I was frustrated with yet another loss to a sub-par team, especially at home. Raiders? Panthers? But as many have pointed out, it's easy to see why. Our running game is MIA thanks to injuries, which makes Geno and our offense one dimensional...Add to that equation that our run defense is PUTRID and it's easy to see why we are losing games right now, yes, even to inferior opponents.

Yet, at 7-6, this is all still house money. Even if we lose the rest of our games and finish 7-10, it's still 2 games above what Vegas had us winning all season long. I had to talk my daughter off the ledge tonight. She was distraught. "What's wrong with us?!?!" I had to laugh inside, gently reminding her that all is well. We have such a fantastic future ahead. Regardless if we make the playoffs or not, the road map is clear.

Yes, Geno was a bit off today. Not his best game, yet he still threw 3 TDs and never lost his poise. However, I still think he's our franchise QB moving forward. With all of our draft equity in April 2023, I see us grabbing some serious defensive studs and that alone, mixed with our current talent, should give any 12 happy thoughts for a long, long time.

Of course it SUCKS to lose at home to the Raiders and Panthers! But give both teams credit. They came to play, and did just enough to outlast us and they deserve their victories. These are all part of the growing pains of a young team learning their way.

I can TOTALLY see the Seahawks beating the 49ers this Thursday. No, that's not homer talk. That's someone who has watched the NFL for the past 45 years. Division games are wonky. Both teams know each other inside and out. Throw out the layers and tendencies when two divisional rivals play each other. Add to it that it is a national game and all bets are off. Trust me, the 9ers are not taking the Hawks lightly in 4 days.

Does that mean I think they will win? Not at all. In fact, it's probably unlikely but as I told my daughter, I would NOT be shocked in the LEAST if we do pull it out. Not at all. Purdy is a fun story and he's doing well but I am thinking Geno might give that young man a run for his money this Thursday.

To end, I am still happy with this team's overall trajectory. From my view, things look pretty damn gravy. These final four games are brutal, make no mistake, and yes Pete always says you don't win in the first, second or third quarter. You win in the fourth. And he is calling this the 4th quarter of the season.

Time will tell if they can win 2 of 4 and make the wildcard at 9-8. Even if they don't, or do?

I am thrilled with the direction of this team, especially our rookie class which has been nothing short of phenomenal.