How come nobody believes we can do it.....except

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":qihnoov3 said:
SoulfishHawk":qihnoov3 said:
Nothing wrong with a positive outlook and/or saying they will win a game. Doesn't have any impact. Just like assuming the worst doesn't. But, the level of enjoyment people get out of being right about a LOSS is beyond pathetic.

You are missing the point. Many have been saying we are and have been regressing, only to get labelled as a bandwagon or misinformed.

In reality, those of us concerned have been paying attention to the specifics. We were the canary in the coalmine. All I want is for the team to win. When I identify something hindering that goal, I want it corrected BEFORE we get to the point the team plays like they did yesterday.

We aren't happy about a loss. Some folks have refused to see, or maybe don't possess the vision, that we have been in a decline for a few years now. It should now be readily apparent that we need to assess what changes need to be made before it gets worse, and it can definitely get worse.

This game, while horrible to watch and killed our playoff chances, should have been able to put everyone on the same page as far as knowing we need some changes. It is vindication that those of us who had identified these issues a while weren't nuts but rather correct.

My end goal is to watch my Hawks win every game they play. Obviously this won't happen, but if you want to be a champion, those are the goals you have to have.

If your goal is to do ok and just try our best, but keep all the coaches and players intact from year to year and if it results in poor performance, so be it.

If you are coasting, you are going downhill

This is all well and good, but the problem with fans who want to continually repeat I predicted, I saw, I warned, and I’ve been telling you, is they end up sounding like a loud, chest thumping, self inflating fan that is so self indulgent their opinion is the only one that could possibly be right.

I can flip a coin and be right 50% of the time, wear a broken watch and be right twice a day. That doesn't make me Nostradamus, all knowing, or a football guru and it most definitely doesn't make my opinion better, or of higher value, then your’s or the fan’s next to me.

Every fan has his, or her, own opinion, not all are well thought out or rational, but they are uniquely theirs.

A little restraint will get a point across quicker and with more confirmation.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Look how many people claimed the Hawks had NO CHANCE against the Eagles? Not that they would come back and admit that they were wrong. As if their opinion is gospel or something.

Latest posts