How Do You Watch The Hawks Games At Home?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is for when you are in the comforts of your own home. The game is about to kickoff and you have the 3 hours to devote to the game if you so desire.

Years ago, long before our Super Bowl championship, social media, DVRs (pausing/fast forward ability), I would sit down and start watching. Every bad play by us was met with some kind of profanity. If there was screaming and throwing objects involved, it would directly correlate with the severity of the bad play or outcome. My girlfriends or wives would usually leave the room or use that time slot to go shopping or visit a friend, lol.

I was one hot mess.

I never apologized for it (well, okay maybe there were a few apologies along the way). Everyone who knew me knew I was a diehard that wore my emotions on my sleeves on gameday. But after winning it all, I really did begin to mellow. Sure, I would still yell and throw up some choice profanity but unless your dead, a diehard just can't help themselves sometimes.

Nowadays, my routine is quite different.

Here's what a typical gameday experience at home looks like for me. I would love to hear yours as well.

I usually start by watching NFL RedZone live. ("7 hours of commercial-free football, start NOW!" might be on my tombstone) if the Seahawks game isn't until 1pm Pacific. If it's 10am Pacific I watch the game live. If there's no major sh*t show unfolding, I'll stick with it. Normally I pause here and there to go to the bathroom, or grab something from the kitchen but the main purpose of pausing is if either 1) the game is going south so I can fast forward through the opponent's big plays and our misery or 2) so I can fast forward through commercials. Usually it's for both purposes.

If the game is going south (and being a diehard for most of my life I have a really fine-tuned Spidey Sense when it's going to be "one of those games"), I turn it back to RedZone and will stay there pretty much the rest of the day. Since RZ shows all major plays from every game going on live, I can get a good sense on whether I turn back to the game or not.

Sometimes I get so nervous (this is the real neurotic part) I won't watch anything that may show me an update and I tell my daughter she can only text me GOOD NEWS, lol. I had to develop this request because in the past, either I wasn't live or didn't want any updates and she would text something like "Wow we really look like crap!" which was never a fun feeling.

I will ignore all other texts from friends and family until after the game because I can't expect them to know if I am watching live, nor cater to my Gameday Neurosis, lol.

Neurotic? Sure. But it works for me. It saves me from spiking my blood pressure, being stressed out and potentially angry and upset for 3 hours. I get how some think it's a badge of honor to stick with the game regardless of how great or bad it's going. I did that for decades, I paid my dues. Now I just want to enjoy the game on my terms.

So how about you? What's your process of watching the games at home?

There's no judging here, by the way. There is no right or wrong way to watch.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Normally I just watch the game live. If I have been to the stadium like Cincy Detroit Dallas Santaclause Arizona......then I remember where I sat compared and re drink in the atmosphere. Nawlins was really fun. French Quarter is a great time whether you win or lose. Then also have some suds of some sort handy. Maybe even a mixed pleasurable.

As far as getting hyper, it is kinda out of my system now. I have bigger problems than dealing with multimillionaires that play a game and bitch bout it.

Morning games are dry for the first half as it is a rule for my body to maintain its standards. But that dont mean I cant eat something. If I am up in the mountains, I find a local that will actually show the game and not have distractions around.

Oh. and I remembered that million degree temperature game in San Diego too.

Enjoy.

morgulon1

Reaction score
During Jim Mora Jr's one season I have to admit that I smoked more chronic than
Snoop Dogg. I would normally fall asleep about the begining of the 3rd quarter and wake up once my girlfriend came over after the game was over.

It was like the movie "Groundhog Day"

That was many years ago and now I usually like to sit down and have a nice home cooked meal and take the game as it comes. If we're getting blown out, I'll still have it on but my attention will wander because I'll pick up a book . I don't take it out on my wife or anyone else around me.

Maybe I'm growing up at my old age?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I watch the game on antennae since its like a minute ahead of cable here.

I make sure to have the blue and green lava lamp on. I also keep the TV on mute with the radio behind me listening to Riable.

Depending on how the game's going I'll just watch it and flip to RedZone on commercial breaks unless it's like last week's game then I just went to Redzone at halftime and kept it there.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Aros just described me to a T. Cept now when it's a shit show, I turn off all NFL and do something around the house. I find I have zero interest in the rest of the NFL if we're a disaster that Sunday, so much so that I usually wont watch MNF unless there is a chance a division rival might get their ass kicked. This last game I KNEW it was going to be a disaster and never watched a single snap. I'm not wasting 3 hours watching bad football. Not watching live has the added bonus of skipping commercials.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I watch from the local channels I have and my brother (who lives with me) just this season ordered NFL Red Zone so we often watch that before/after Seahawks games.

Not much too it. I check my fantasy teams often, so far, sad to say, I’m 4-5 (lost 5 in a row; I have no consistent RBs).

My nephew frequents my home and he’ll come over and I’ll watch him at times (often he’ll take my attention from the game) (he’s 4 years old) and I’ll watch as much of the game as I humanly can while a 4 year old wants me to do other things with him instead.

That’s my Seahawks game days on Sunday mornings/afternoons.

White Devil

Reaction score
The whole experience has been completely different after they brought home The Chip.

I am way more calm and accepting, but don't get me wrong, I still get fired up at times.

I'm older too. So maybe it's a combo of age and seeing them win it. That was an absolutely fantastic year, and I put my whole heart into being a fan.

Will never forget it.

Now, I feel more like I'm just along for the ride.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Aros just described me to a T. Cept now when it's a shit show, I turn off all NFL and do something around the house. I find I have zero interest in the rest of the NFL if we're a disaster that Sunday, so much so that I usually wont watch MNF unless there is a chance a division rival might get their ass kicked. This last game I KNEW it was going to be a disaster and never watched a single snap. I'm not wasting 3 hours watching bad football. Not watching live has the added bonus of skipping commercials.
Haha I do the same thing. When it's bad the entire nfl becomes stupid and I won't watch.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
I watch the game on antennae since its like a minute ahead of cable here.

I make sure to have the blue and green lava lamp on. I also keep the TV on mute with the radio behind me listening to Riable.

Depending on how the game's going I'll just watch it and flip to RedZone on commercial breaks unless it's like last week's game then I just went to Redzone at halftime and kept it there.
My antenna only gets games on fox dangit! All other games I watch on my tablet.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I watch on a big screen in my tv room in my basement. Awesome. I remember in 2013 there was so much emotion and euphoria when they won. I saw watched it at the Swiss in Tacoma with a hundred other crazed fans. So much fun. Then in the 2014 sb when they were marching down the field getting ready to score at the end, I didn't do much. Just kind of sat there at a friend's house and kept my emotions in check. Then when Russ threw that pick in the end zone, i just kind of sat there, dumbfounded. I think I may have chuckled and shook my head. It's kind of been that way ever since, especially now that we're so obviously not doing well. I try not to get too invested in it and just view it as entertainment. But if they get really good again, my intensity level will definitely increase. I guess that makes me a bit of a fair weather fan of sorts. Oh well. So be it.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I’ve spent my game days in a lot of iterations over the years. Probably the last 10-15 years have been fairly similar. I’ll start the morning by preparing some sort of crockpot meal. Once that’s taken care of, I sit my ass down and watch some football!!
My favorite sundays are those with 1:00 games.

The night games are fun because the crockpot meal that has been filling the house with enticing aromas is ready to eat at kickoff. For 1:00 games, and any games, I’ll be seated squarely in my chair with my phone ready for game day chat and kickoff to happen.

For ANY game, I’m invested in every play. The Ravens game had my interest waning but I’m pretty sure I didn’t miss any plays. Maybe a handful. Whether I’m watching a game at home or in a stadium, I’m there til the end. I’ve sat in a pretty empty Quest (?) on a cold wet day more than once.

Part of it may be that I’m a cheapass and want to get my money’s worth. What I really like to do in shitty games is really look at what’s going on if I can. Who’s still trying. Who’s trying to stay upbeat. Who gives a shit. Who looks like they want their mommy. I also still hope they can make something, anything positive happen.

Like a lot of you other older longtime fans, I’ve mellowed a lot since they won XLVIII. Something that you yearned for and dreamed about and hoped for…for years, finally came true. After all those times thinking, I wonder if they’ll ever win a Super Bowl in my lifetime? It happened. On my tv. In my home. In front of my eyes. A definite satisfaction came from that Super Bowl Championship. It definitely took away that days to get over losses mentality.

Close games still get my heart rate up. But I consider that a cardio workout so it’s a win win.

I guess I just can’t not watch them. Part of that’s because I love football. I’ll watch a random middle school game if I’m in the neighborhood. The biggest part is that I’m a Seahawk fan to my core. I spent many hours at training camp in Cheney. If I can find enjoyment in watching guys who probably will never play in an NFL regular season game work on their footwork, I can certainly find something in a shitty game. o_O:cautious::unsure:

In a nutshell, football days are meant for an excuse for being lazy, eating good food and watching the greatest game on earth……..football. Win, lose or tie.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I’ve spent my game days in a lot of iterations over the years. Probably the last 10-15 years have been fairly similar. I’ll start the morning by preparing some sort of crockpot meal. Once that’s taken care of, I sit my ass down and watch some football!!
My favorite sundays are those with 1:00 games.

The night games are fun because the crockpot meal that has been filling the house with enticing aromas is ready to eat at kickoff. For 1:00 games, and any games, I’ll be seated squarely in my chair with my phone ready for game day chat and kickoff to happen.

For ANY game, I’m invested in every play. The Ravens game had my interest waning but I’m pretty sure I didn’t miss any plays. Maybe a handful. Whether I’m watching a game at home or in a stadium, I’m there til the end. I’ve sat in a pretty empty Quest (?) on a cold wet day more than once.

Part of it may be that I’m a cheapass and want to get my money’s worth. What I really like to do in shitty games is really look at what’s going on if I can. Who’s still trying. Who’s trying to stay upbeat. Who gives a shit. Who looks like they want their mommy. I also still hope they can make something, anything positive happen.

Like a lot of you other older longtime fans, I’ve mellowed a lot since they won XLVIII. Something that you yearned for and dreamed about and hoped for…for years, finally came true. After all those times thinking, I wonder if they’ll ever win a Super Bowl in my lifetime? It happened. On my tv. In my home. In front of my eyes. A definite satisfaction came from that Super Bowl Championship. It definitely took away that days to get over losses mentality.

Close games still get my heart rate up. But I consider that a cardio workout so it’s a win win.

I guess I just can’t not watch them. Part of that’s because I love football. I’ll watch a random middle school game if I’m in the neighborhood. The biggest part is that I’m a Seahawk fan to my core. I spent many hours at training camp in Cheney. If I can find enjoyment in watching guys who probably will never play in an NFL regular season game work on their footwork, I can certainly find something in a shitty game. o_O:cautious::unsure:

In a nutshell, football days are meant for an excuse for being lazy, eating good food and watching the greatest game on earth……..football. Win, lose or tie.
I like it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
PRIDE!.. Win, lose or draw, I'd always have some happy to hang onto. I KNEW that we were in over our heads in MOST GAMES back in the EARLY AFC days, but if MY Seahawks weren't quitting, who the hell was I to snivel & give up.
ALSO, back in the early days of Seahawks Football, MOST of my family were still alive and getting a kick out of my 'Do-Or-Die' Seahawks fandom.
Fast forward 44, years, a 2nd marriage to a Wonderful Woman who's thrown in with me and my obsession with the Seahawks.
Sadly though, it's without those irreplaceable Family members that have fallen by the wayside BEFORE the Seahawks won their first Super Bowl, a lot of them were no longer around to listen to my absurdities....Some hollow places in my heart, but I KNOW that I'm not alone, and I know that there are probably hundreds of y'all who've come down this same path.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
I used to chill with the homies and watch whatever channel had the game. Always had some food grilling up and Sonny Chiba hanging out in the back.

Now I keep live updates up on my phone while I'm in my jam space, I only get sat/sun to play music. Rather not spend the little free time I have in front of a tv. Updates and highlights are enough for me nowadays.

I used to walk across town to catch the game, and if I was running behind I would dip into bars on the way to catch the score, haha. Grabbing a few drinks for the road never hurt either.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Sit, stare and scream. Either in delight or disgust.

Lately I've started just standing in the living room and pacing back and forth between plays. During plays I'll freeze and watch the play. If it's good, I'll give a karate chop or kick. If it's bad, I'll walk out of the room and walk back in when I'm ready.

Most plays I also usually hold my breath for the inevitable flag.

In between quarters I'll snack, usually standing. It's great exercise.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
This year is the first in quite a spell that I'm able to see any and all games via nfl+. So no matter how they turn out by god I'm gonna watch it. If we lose I will take my medicine, if we win I will do a victory dance. I watch from by barstool at the counter where my laptop resides. My wife (a KC fan) watches (or sleeps) in the plush easy chair. I yell the entire time hoorawing the good stuff and giving advice when one of our guys does something wrong. I make calls for the offense and hold my breath for the defense. At the end of three hours I am exhausted and ready for the good company of my horses. If we lost I take a long hot shower, ending with a very cold rinse. That gets rid of the stink of a loss and I'm ready to look at what we face the following week.