How good a chance to hawks have of drafting a top lineman?

HawkGA

Reaction score
CPHawk":3p7i1cf6 said:
At the combine Pete checks him out like most guys check out a hot girl, so I'd say it's a good chance the Hawks have their eye on him.

Who is "him"?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Dion Dawkins out of temple could be had in the 2nd or 3rd and could compete for a starting gig at more than one spot. He has some athleticism. 35" arms, 26" vert, 2nd best 3 cone at the combine.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
TAYLOR MOTON OG  WESTERN MICHIGAN could probably start at RG and he might be available in the 3rd.

cheese22

Reaction score
Dawkins, Moton and Sharpe are becoming very interesting guys to move inside that can be picked up after the 3rd. I would love to see that.

xgeoff

Reaction score
RussB":3k8jwtm2 said:
For all you bashing robinson here is some film on him and an analysis of his talents, i think hes a great run blocker and can be solid pass blocker in the nfl with good coaching. I think he did pretty solid against myles garrett who is the best pass rusher in the draft.

Thanks for sharing the video!

Based on what I see, I am not a fan. Don't think he looks solid. Misses some very easy blocks. Whiffs too often. Doesn't play with strength for such a big guy.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
xgeoff":twzvihzd said:
RussB":twzvihzd said:
For all you bashing robinson here is some film on him and an analysis of his talents, i think hes a great run blocker and can be solid pass blocker in the nfl with good coaching. I think he did pretty solid against myles garrett who is the best pass rusher in the draft.

Thanks for sharing the video!

Based on what I see, I am not a fan. Don't think he looks solid. Misses some very easy blocks. Whiffs too often. Doesn't play with strength for such a big guy.
I think hed be a good gaurd personally.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seeing more and more Mocks where the O lineman are dropping way down, I think they will be there but there are better players available and we have signed two that are as good or better then any of these are going to project to be I think.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":qhyyv726 said:
Seeing more and more Mocks where the O lineman are dropping way down, I think they will be there but there are better players available and we have signed two that are as good or better then any of these are going to project to be I think.

Wouldn't bet on it.

Other than the patently obvious (mock drafters don't have direct info from the teams), there is a fundamental difference between people who publish mocks, and teams that do the drafting. Namely, teams are in the business of building teams. Mock drafters don't often account for that. They just rate a player at a position as a better X than that OL is a Y. And in general, Mock drafters aren't very accurate with how teams evaluate their own needs. Which is understandable because they have a cursory outsiders view of what the team needs. They can't usually delve deeper in the depth chart or the offseason moves leading up to the draft that sway how prospects grade for them.

Some are much better than others though. Both at identifying talent (even early during the college season) and having a much keener read on what teams are looking for. Whether it's reading their press releases, or understanding how the team thinks and reading their offseason moves, or understanding how they behave relative to building their club.

Every team needs OTs. I don't know of many teams that are set on both ends. Not even Dallas. Many don't even have one good OT. In general, drafts that are shallow in talent at a position, tend to see the best prospects go earlier than one would expect. Scarcity of supply drives up demand.

penihawk

Reaction score
Totally agree. OT's seem to rise up the board like QB's as the draft nears. I think we take Ramczyk or Bolles if they are there but after that I have no idea how they see guys and how they have their board stacked.