How long until defenses adjust to Waldrens O?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
This was the Waldron plan.

"Can't tell by looking at our formation if it's going to be a pass or a run play".

That was one of his stated goals coming on board. One of the first things he said - ;)

The reason that I've said it's not as easy as it seems to 'defuse' the Waldron offense is because it's not ONE offense.

Anyhow.
Right but with Me3 it was hard to see it and a lot
started to want Waldrons head.
I was at that Colts game and got a taste then it just
stopped...
We all know why now..This offense is awesome.

chrispy

Reaction score
It's almost like the offense has had years of planning and practice, but for some odd reason didn't/couldn't implement....

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
It’s the hardest set to adjust to with our running game and 3 tight end sets. The defense plays the run and we kill ‘em with naked bootlegs. You play zone at your own risk with an accurate quarterback

jammerhawk

Reaction score
All Waldron needed was a QB who was prepared to run the scheme coached. As time passes it isn’t hard to notice that was a very large part of the problem.

If opposing Ds focus on one area the O changes things up and takes advantage of the adjustment until they can stop the new wrinkle. The 3 TE formation looks to be something that opponents will always struggle to effectively defend.

Am enjoying watching this team come together as a team in each phase. The coaches are getting them to play as units together. Am otherwise very happy with the way the D has played the last 4 games.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
All Waldron needed was a QB who was prepared to run the scheme coached. As time passes it isn’t hard to notice that was a very large part of the problem.

If opposing Ds focus on one area the O changes things up and takes advantage of the adjustment until they can stop the new wrinkle. The 3 TE formation looks to be something that opponents will always struggle to effectively defend.

Am enjoying watching this team come together as a team in each phase. The coaches are getting them to play as units together. Am otherwise very happy with the way the D has played the last 4 games.
Yeah, the thing about Wilson is he is NOT a WCO QB. Really he needs to be playing in some form of the Air Coryell system. He's a fish out of water in this system, it highlights his greatest faults as a player. In fact, I can't think of a worst QB to run this style of offense.