How much $$$ would you spend to keep Baldwin?

The Breh

Reaction score
After what Cooks just got from LA and the barometer being only AB was the other player to have 7 TD's/1000 the past 3 seasons with ADB being 9yds short of being the 3rd player.
This raises a very interesting question.

Mojambo

Reaction score
He hasn't shown much decline in his game, but MAN do receivers fall off the cliff around the same time.

I think he's got Steve Smith longevity and, frankly, I don't think Russell can afford to lose him. So I'd pay him like the number one he's proving to be, but man, it's a gamble.

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
But look how long Larry Fitz. has remained productive. He's stayed in the league, taken lower pay, but still is a threat because of his awareness of the field and catch radius. Doug is close to this now.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Doug is the perfect wide receiver for this offense. His release skills are astounding - second to none.

I would pay him whatever the market dictates he should receive for the next few years. He is not easily replaceable.

However, Baldwin is getting older, and unless Schneider and Carroll can repeat their success in finding a gem like Baldwin in the UDFA process, they're going to need to start spending significant draft capital on quality receiving weapons.

adeltaY

Reaction score
If he's playing as well as he is now with no injury concerns, pay him whatever he wants. I really don't get why some people don't want to hand out top of the market contracts. Are we supposed to field a team with bargain-bin FAs and rookies? If the guy is a top-tier player, pay him top-tier money. Same with third contracts. It didn't work out with Kam and Bennett, but that doesn't mean it won't work out with Doug.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Sgt. Largent":1lr6mj64 said:
As much as I'm happy we're not handing out massive extensions to older players like Tic Tacs anymore, I put three people in a different category when it comes to this conversation.

Russell
Bobby
Doug

Doug means so much more to this team than just "how much."

- He embodies Pete's philosophy
- He plays selflessly
- He's a team leader, on and off the field
- He has ZERO injury history to be worried about his production falling off

So IMO if we're going to give out a 3rd contract to any existing player, it's Doug. I'd be OK with bumping him from 11-12M to 13-15M for another 4-5 years.

Yes Indeedy.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Pay him what it takes. Right now, imo, there are 4 guys on this team I really, really want to see retire a Hawk. Russ, Doug, Bobby and kj. Was going to type out a long description as to why, but nah. It speaks for itself. As they say, if you don't know, you never will, lmao.