How Russell Wilson read the Steelers defense so well..

ivotuk

Reaction score
How Russell Wilson read the Steelers defense so well in 28-26 Seahawks win

[youtube]Cu1DYUS1kfs[/youtube]

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson was pretty good on Sunday in Pittsburgh. How good?

“Russell Wilson was able to surgically take apart this defense,” 710 ESPN Seattle’s Jake Heaps says in his latest trip to the film room to break down the Seahawks’ 28-26 victory over the Steelers.

Heaps, of course, knows Wilson’s game inside and out having spent time as one of Wilson’s backups with the Seahawks and now serving as the head QB coach for the Russell Wilson Quarterback Academy. So when Wilson completed 29 of 35 passes for three touchdowns, no interceptions and a single-game career-high 82.9 completion percentage, we turned to Heaps to break down why Wilson was so successful against the Steelers.

For more, follow this link:

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/699373/he ... -steelers/

Jville

Reaction score
Excellent story telling on that week 2 match up. :2thumbs:

I also can't wait to see what they do with the Saints in week 3.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Given the shootout the last time these teams played, I wonder if the Pittsburgh defense is just a defense he "gets". Sometimes that happens. I remember Kaep just seemed to own the Green Bay defense several years ago.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Some people can pull off a pretty good baseball cap look. Jake Heaps is not one of those people.

John63

Reaction score
HawkGA":1s0lee8b said:
Given the shootout the last time these teams played, I wonder if the Pittsburgh defense is just a defense he "gets". Sometimes that happens. I remember Kaep just seemed to own the Green Bay defense several years ago.

Given his 2nd best QB rating all time, he gets a lot of defenses

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HawkGA":20j29pvh said:

I remember hearing after the '15 Pittsburgh game that the Steelers were in fact playing the same defensive style that the Seahawks were, so Wilson felt quite comfortable with the coverage looks having been practicing against them all the time.

I don't know if it's the same now, though.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Good breakdown by Heaps. Russell seemed to recognized the nickle blitz and burn them every time.

Mick063

Reaction score
DK Metcalf correctly reading and adjusting his hot routes in week 2?

Russell and Schotty trusting him in that situation?

This from a player that came from a college program that hardly utilized him this way?

I knew he was a physical specimen. I had no idea he could pick up the offense and be depended upon so quickly.

Latest posts