How's Cleveland going to screw this up?

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
HawkGA":23l31whz said:
Drafting Mayfield #1, when they could have gotten him at #4 and then missing out on Barkley at #4.

It's just amazing how bad they are. It seems like they are picking in the top 5 - 10 for 15 years in a row now. If you get the best players in all of college football in the draft for a decade and a half how do you not get better? Not only do they not get better they seem to get worse and worse. They bottomed out at 0 - 16 in 2017. Honestly if they could go - (minus) in the wins and losses they would. They would go even lower.

I mean how can you win 1 game in 2 years when you get absolute top tier picks in the draft every single year. It's absolutely incredible. You almost have to try to be this bad. I can't believe a team could be this bad even if they tried. They should fire their GM, entire front office, all of the coaching staff and even the owner should sell the team. It has to go all the way to the top to be this bad. There is just no other explanation.

By blind luck you should hit on at least some of those top picks. But it seems they miss on 90% of them. Even though they always seem to pick in the top 5. It's like they should figure out what they are going to do in a given draft and just do the exact opposite. Or throw a dart at a board for a pick. It absolutely couldn't be any worse than this.

I've never seen anything like this in any sport. I mean seriously can anybody tell me how you can pick top 5 - 10 picks for 15 years in a row and not get better? Not only that they get worse and worse the more top picks they have it seems. They have to be the most clueless dysfunctional organization I have ever seen.

chris98251

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":8h5609bh said:
HawkGA":8h5609bh said:
Drafting Mayfield #1, when they could have gotten him at #4 and then missing out on Barkley at #4.

It's just amazing how bad they are. It seems like they are picking in the top 5 - 10 for 15 years in a row now. If you get the best players in all of college football in the draft for a decade and a half how do you not get better? Not only do they not get better they seem to get worse and worse. They bottomed out at 0 - 16 in 2017. Honestly if they could go - (minus) in the wins and losses they would. They would go even lower.

I mean how can you win 1 game in 2 years when you get absolute top tier picks in the draft every single year. It's absolutely incredible. You almost have to try to be this bad. I can't believe a team could be this bad even if they tried. They should fire their GM, entire front office, all of the coaching staff and even the owner should sell the team. It has to go all the way to the top to be this bad. There is just no other explanation.

By blind luck you should hit on at least some of those top picks. But it seems they miss on 90% of them. Even though they always seem to pick in the top 5. It's like they should figure out what they are going to do in a given draft and just do the exact opposite. Or throw a dart at a board for a pick. It absolutely couldn't be any worse than this.

I've never seen anything like this in any sport. I mean seriously can anybody tell me how you can pick top 5 - 10 picks for 15 years in a row and not get better? Not only that they get worse and worse the more top picks they have it seems. They have to be the most clueless dysfunctional organization I have ever seen.

It comes from clueless ownership and impatience, you hire guys that don't know football to run it, or you hire guys that do know football but don't have the patience to let them do their job, all you have to do is look at the Redskins for a similar situation or the Dolphins.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I feel reasonably confident nobody expected them to actually screw up the #4 pick like they did.