Huard’s Chalk Talk: All but one thing goes right for Seahawk

Optimus25

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2taj4fkk said:
HawkNuts":2taj4fkk said:
The big question is can the defense really take JG away in the red zone?

Do the Seahawks count too much on role players in the red zone?

Somehow the patriots manage to get the ball to Gronkowski even when everybody knows he's the target.

In my opinion you go to your playmakers in the red zone. That's why you pay them the money. Third down and red zone.

Doug Baldwin and JG should be the targets.
Why can't we just target the open player?

Did you notice how well that worked with Tanner?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Optimus25":3oy2jidn said:
Siouxhawk":3oy2jidn said:
HawkNuts":3oy2jidn said:

Somehow the patriots manage to get the ball to Gronkowski even when everybody knows he's the target.

In my opinion you go to your playmakers in the red zone. That's why you pay them the money. Third down and red zone.

Do you expect him to make those same types of drops going forward?

Optimus25

Reaction score
^ eh, I don't have much evidence to the contrary personally. Paul can snatch a ball out of the air with a dislocated finger, Jimmy is Jimmy, doug is doug, I just see the point from above you as too logical. Target the known entities in the red zone. Kind of like how kearse was always getting targets last year, which were just wasted opportunities. There's a reason some people are 'open'. just like when I play pick up 5 on 5 bball. I win a ton of games, and my secret? leave the scrubs open. even the 'superstars' from the other team don't catch on that there's a reason certain people are always open, until it's too late at least.

just like the antithesis to BB's supposed "we won't let the stars beat us" mindset, we need to beat people with our stars, because they are titled as such for a reason.

Or, to add on to that...If you're asking me if I like a 50/50 ball for Jimmy or a 70/30 for Tanner, the answer is Jimmy every single time.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Optimus25":1pa9g85n said:
^ eh, I don't have much evidence to the contrary personally. Paul can snatch a ball out of the air with a dislocated finger, Jimmy is Jimmy, doug is doug, I just see the point from above you as too logical. Target the known entities in the red zone. Kind of like how kearse was always getting targets last year, which were just wasted opportunities. There's a reason some people are 'open'. just like when I play pick up 5 on 5 bball. I win a ton of games, and my secret? leave the scrubs open. even the 'superstars' from the other team don't catch on that there's a reason certain people are always open, until it's too late at least.

just like the antithesis to BB's supposed "we won't let the stars beat us" mindset, we need to beat people with our stars, because they are titled as such for a reason.

Or, to add on to that...If you're asking me if I like a 50/50 ball for Jimmy or a 70/30 for Tanner, the answer is Jimmy every single time.
Fundamental difference between us then. I'll take the 20% better chance of the 70/30 ball every time because the odds of success are better. And I expect our professional receivers to make those catches. Kearse didn't and he's gone.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":iugj2894 said:
Optimus25":iugj2894 said:

Fundamental difference between us then. I'll take the 20% better chance of the 70/30 ball every time because the odds of success are better. And I expect our professional receivers to make those catches. Kearse didn't and he's gone.

And the irony is he has more TDs than the Seahawks do right now.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":38lqalb9 said:
Optimus25":38lqalb9 said:
Siouxhawk":38lqalb9 said:
HawkNuts":38lqalb9 said:

Do you expect him to make those same types of drops going forward?

If he has another game like that I would not hesitate to cut him.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Prosise is the third down back. One of the reasons for that is because he has good hands. He was a WR far longer than he's been playing RB.

He was the perfect target on the play and should have caught the ball for six points.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Great play design, and timing on calling that play by Bevell. And Prosise drops a sure Touchdown.

Then McEvoy drops a sure Touchdown.

2 Field Goals, 6 points instead of 14. Makes me want to cry.

Those guys better be at the jugs machine, catching wet ball, after wet ball, after wet ball! :141847_bnono: