Huge step towards HFA today.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Thanks to the Jets beating the saints and the Niners watching that from the couch.

Great comeback win. Loved it! Go Hawks!!

OP
OP

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Don't deny it you guys. We won today and the saints and the 9ers didn't. We are in control.
Saints and the Niners play each other. And we he e a VERY good shot to beat them both!!!

Playoff run starts Now!!
Go Hawks!!

BamKam

Reaction score
It is between us and the 49ers, not the Saints. I am going to be a very big Cam Newton fan next week.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Yes, the fact they play each other means one of them is two games down and beating us won't catch them back up. The winner, however, stays right behind us and a win puts them in the drivers seat. meanwhile, Green Bay is quietly putting up a good season and doesn't look like they have any sure losses ahead of them. They could go 14-2 what with the rest of their schedule. A lot of teams are going to have a lot of wins going into the playoffs this year.

sutz

Reaction score
We're in pretty good shape, though. We have 4-5 near guaranteed wins before the end of Dec IMHO. And all 7 of our games are winnable, especially how they're playing this season, naysayers notwithstanding. So 13-14 wins is hardly out of our reach.

sutz

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ahwrfd0 said:
We really want someone to beat the 49ers to give us some breathing room.
True, but if we keep winning, we won't need it.

Note: I will be faithfully stabbing 9er voodoo dolls weekly anyway. ;)

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2rb8hwz3 said:

Ya im going ALL IN on the Saints going against the 49ers...Saints beat the 49ers and We beat the 49ers and thats all we need to do to win the division.

sutz

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3vyn21j5 said:
RolandDeschain":3vyn21j5 said:

Ya im going ALL IN on the Saints going against the 49ers...Saints beat the 49ers and We beat the 49ers and thats all we need to do to win the division.
Except we probably should win a few of the other 6 games remaining. Just to be sure, you know. ;)

SonicHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3p23thcm said:

What about us? ;)

davidonmi

Reaction score
if there's a team who can beat the 49ers it's the Panthers with their front 7. Still I can't see them going into candlestick and winning. CMON CAM another game of breathing room would be gigantic

OP
OP

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Big bye week letdown is not out of the realms of possibility. But we don't need it.

Russel is just waiting to redeem himself in SF. That will be the game. And we will bring everything to win BABY!!!!!!

themunn

Reaction score
mikeak":x3d1ce3f said:
Pretty sure the 49ers bye week didn't change anything....

A notch in the W column always trumps a blank.

We have now won 8 games and the niners have won 6. That puts us in a position where they need to win at least 2 more games than us from here out.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I had to cheer the frikin' Jets to victory this morning. When the Hawks took the field, I thought that Saints loss meant the hard part of the day was behind me. Boy was I wrong. ; )

BUT...N.O is now 2 games down and have to face what should be healthy Hawk team at the Clink. If I'm a realistic N.O. fan, while watching Houshka's kick sail through the uprights today, I also watched the SB dreams of my team sail away with it. It would take a ridiculous and unlikely chain of events for N.O. to overtake the Hawks in the race for HFA, IMO.

avengerboater

Reaction score
Let's just take it one week at a time, one game at a time, guys. I know we all look at the remaining schedule and attribute "automatic wins", but seriously, the way we've been playing the last two weeks, we have no right to say that we'll easily win or dominate any team, any where. Heck, other than the Cardinals game, you'd have to go all the way back to week 3 against Jacksonville (!) to see us thoroughly dominate an opponent....and that was against Jacksonville...Jacksonville!

The problem with this team is that we play up and down to our opponents. We put up a good fight against good teams, and we lay eggs on teams we underestimate and miraculously win it at the end. I'm afraid until we lose to a team that's supposedly "lesser" than us, no one on the team will take things seriously and light a fire under themselves to wake the heck up and play up to our potential. Today, as well as last week, we were fortunate to come out with wins.

Cartire

Reaction score
avengerboater":3mfi0znq said:
Let's just take it one week at a time, one game at a time, guys. I know we all look at the remaining schedule and attribute "automatic wins", but seriously, the way we've been playing the last two weeks, we have no right to say that we'll easily win or dominate any team, any where. Heck, other than the Cardinals game, you'd have to go all the way back to week 3 against Jacksonville (!) to see us thoroughly dominate an opponent....and that was against Jacksonville...Jacksonville!

The problem with this team is that we play up and down to our opponents. We put up a good fight against good teams, and we lay eggs on teams we underestimate and miraculously win it at the end. I'm afraid until we lose to a team that's supposedly "lesser" than us, no one on the team will take things seriously and light a fire under themselves to wake the heck up and play up to our potential. Today, as well as last week, we were fortunate to come out with wins.

Dude, we're fans. We don't have to take it one day at a time. It has zero mental effect on the team. It's ok to speculate about the future.

Latest posts