Huskies ranked 5th in initial CFP poll.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Schedules are made about 5 years in advance. To hold that against the Huskies is ridiculous. I think what hurts the Huskies argument is the fact that Oregon and Stanford are weak this season. Huskies just have to win the Pac 12 they do that, then they should make the playoffs.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
UW didn't exactly look like world beaters against Utah. I think they'd best not sleep on the rest of their schedule.

Seriously, an undefeated season so far and all of a sudden UW fans feel entitled to a top 4 ranking right off the bat.

HawkGA

Reaction score
hawkfan68":246bglek said:
Schedules are made about 5 years in advance. To hold that against the Huskies is ridiculous. I think what hurts the Huskies argument is the fact that Oregon and Stanford are weak this season. Huskies just have to win the Pac 12 they do that, then they should make the playoffs.

Who in their nonconference schedule was good 5 years ago?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
HawkGA":3a8ya1i6 said:
hawkfan68":3a8ya1i6 said:

When we scheduled Rutgers they had just finished 3-year span when they went 24-15 and went to three straight bowl games.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":eodhuh94 said:
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/huskies-to-open-2018-season-against-auburn-in-atlanta/

I don't know if that'a a good opponent or a cupcake.

Posters above seem to think they're a bad team.

HawkGA

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2i8j6vpw said:
HawkGA":2i8j6vpw said:
hawkfan68":2i8j6vpw said:

When we scheduled Rutgers they had just finished 3-year span when they went 24-15 and went to three straight bowl games.
Fair enough.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
DTexHawk":1ol5brde said:
fenderbender123":1ol5brde said:
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/huskies-to-open-2018-season-against-auburn-in-atlanta/

I don't know if that'a a good opponent or a cupcake.

Posters above seem to think they're a bad team.

They're not that great, but they're better than any of the OOC opponents we had this year. Had UW scheduled a middle-of-the-road SEC team like Arkansas or Mississippi this year, we'd probably be ranked #2 right now in all polls.

So even if they aren't the best the SEC has to offer, it's going to help with exposure and with the polls.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":29pa13as said:
UW didn't exactly look like world beaters against Utah. I think they'd best not sleep on the rest of their schedule.

Seriously, an undefeated season so far and all of a sudden UW fans feel entitled to a top 4 ranking right off the bat.
Correct UW did not look like a "World Beater" Niether did Ohio State against an unranked Penn State when they jacked off a nice 4th quater lead.Michigan did not look like a WB against Michigan State.Louiville needed a very late 4th quarter touchdown to beat an unranked team.Utah was at home and ranked 17th..I bet they finish pretty good and they are tough but not many seem to see that.I'm going to remember this term "World Beater"in future so you guys can used to seeing it more in future..

JSeahawks

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2rcgtnuv said:

Will be a nice warmup game for auburn before they play the ducks in cowboys stadium in 2019.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Literally all of the teams you mentioned are top 25 teams year after year. UW was 7-6 last year and won a bowl game. The years before that, they were irrelevant.

I'm simply saying, to not get all butt hurt that they're not ranked top four yet.

davidonmi

Reaction score
DTexHawk":2txndylo said:
davidonmi":2txndylo said:
DTexHawk":2txndylo said:
Rutgers
Idaho
Portland State

You're correct, they have played 3 cupcakes.
both teams have played 3 cupcakes. that's the point

And 4 wins over ranked teams vs. 2 wins over ranked teams.
A&M fans are surprised at being 4th, but if they were 5th or 6th, they should still be above UW based on current results.

This will all change over the next 4 weeks, so it really doesn't matter.
the point being, 3 of those 4 "ranked" teams were completely undeserving of it at the time.
Arkansas, Tennesse suck and UCLA is a dumpster fire.
Auburn was a good win though. I'll give them that.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
davidonmi":3mrpkrcc said:
the point being, 3 of those 4 "ranked" teams were completely undeserving of it at the time.
Arkansas, Tennesse suck and UCLA is a dumpster fire.
Auburn was a good win though. I'll give them that.

The point being that they were ranked when they played.

Whether they were deserving or not they were still better teams than the teams that UW played that were
UNRANKED.

davidonmi

Reaction score
If you're willing to give washington credit for a top 10 win over stanford then. That's fine by me

justafan

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3m1bg2gj said:

Love the schedule.Whether they are a top 10 opponant or not they are as talented as most teams in the country and will be a strong test nobody can complain about.If you lose early you can still recover

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Well it seems that the Tex A&M's #4 ranking in the CFP poll will be short lived. They are getting hammered 28-7 by Miss State so far.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Miss State is beating A&M 28-14 at half so maybe this will get resolved real quick

pmedic920

Reaction score
hawkfan68":6gz06oa3 said:
Well it seems that the Tex A&M's #4 ranking in the CFP poll will be short lived. They are getting hammered 28-7 by Miss State so far.

Yea but.

The refs are stepping up their game.
Helping out the Aggies now.

Blatantly no calling a block in the back, allowing the Aggies to go 28-14 at HT.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
One Down..One to go AM sure looked like it was (world beaten) by an unranked team with a losing record

Latest posts