Hypothetical - Pete successor -

keasley45

Reaction score
I think the hate for the coordinators has stemmed in large part from the belief that they were calling poor plays and or that those plays and their ineffectiveness was tied to Pete. But the guy who was here who made that entire situation murky, left, and is now being coached and 'coordinated ' by S Payton and the results are no better. And the year prior with Aaron Rodgers's coordinator, he was worse still. So the correlation is tenuous at best.

Schotty was a great coordinator and fit for what Pete wants. He was head and shoulders above Bevell and called plays that were effective in design, but failed in execution.

But i don't think any of the coordinators that have come through here would make good HCs. The only one that was effective was Quinn.

But Waldron? You can see already that he isn't the type to command a room with his presence or personality. And from what I've see of the offense, it's not exactly a thing if beauty in terms of playcalling, situational awareness, or avoiding penalties. So if the dude can't get things right for 11 guys at a time, how's he gonna do it for 53?

Hard pass from me on that one.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
But Waldron? You can see already that he isn't the type to command a room with his presence or personality. And from what I've see of the offense, it's not exactly a thing if beauty in terms of playcalling, situational awareness, or avoiding penalties. So if the dude can't get things right for 11 guys at a time, how's he gonna do it for 53?
Nicely said.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think the hate for the coordinators has stemmed in large part from the belief that they were calling poor plays and or that those plays and their ineffectiveness was tied to Pete. But the guy who was here who made that entire situation murky, left, and is now being coached and 'coordinated ' by S Payton and the results are no better. And the year prior with Aaron Rodgers's coordinator, he was worse still. So the correlation is tenuous at best.

Schotty was a great coordinator and fit for what Pete wants. He was head and shoulders above Bevell and called plays that were effective in design, but failed in execution.

But i don't think any of the coordinators that have come through here would make good HCs. The only one that was effective was Quinn.

Hard pass from me on that one.
I agree Shotty was great and it was Me3 that screwed that up.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Not a given. Head coaching takes a different skill set from coordinating. Additionally, we would see how much influence Pete really has on the offense here. Notice how the fan base has hated every single offensive coordinator in Pete's tenure? I wonder if there's a correlation.
Every once in a while we agree! 😜