I can't believe Russell Wilson signed to play for Pete

rcaido

Reaction score
quadsas":bxm3awt6 said:
rcaido":bxm3awt6 said:
quadsas":bxm3awt6 said:
rcaido":bxm3awt6 said:
So you guys would rather have Wilson play somewhere else?

We had so many key injuries & had very respectable record & so close to beating a very healthy Packers team on the road.

Pete is fine, we just didn't have enough depth. Imagine we had Carson & Penny. Imagine Disley instead of Hollister. Imagine we had Josh Gordon instead of Turner. How about Britt instead of Hunt.

We win if the guys caught the ball or stop them on 3rd down. Its not pretty but we win way more than we lose.

We should be winning more

You think a coaching change would do that? Only Belicheat has more wins than Pete since Wilson arrived. Seahawks had the most playoff wins since Pete started for the Seahawks behind the Patriots. I think Pete is winning enough.

We don't know. But what I do know is that Wilson wins despite terrible rosters and piss poor gameday decisions. Brees, Rodgers etc have shown that they can't do it. Only Brady and Wilson have. And you will very rarely hear anyone say that Belichick didn't utilise Brady well.

So basically you have a full house but you willing to trade up your pair and hopefully get a 4 of a kind?

We have a very successful team. A very young team, that's only going to get better. Why not continue to build our defense. Wilson will handle the offense no matter what.

Changing Pete Carol just seem way too extreme & ridiculous to me.

OP
OP
Q

quadsas

Reaction score
rcaido":np4bd9wj said:
quadsas":np4bd9wj said:
rcaido":np4bd9wj said:
quadsas":np4bd9wj said:

You think a coaching change would do that? Only Belicheat has more wins than Pete since Wilson arrived. Seahawks had the most playoff wins since Pete started for the Seahawks behind the Patriots. I think Pete is winning enough.

We don't know. But what I do know is that Wilson wins despite terrible rosters and piss poor gameday decisions. Brees, Rodgers etc have shown that they can't do it. Only Brady and Wilson have. And you will very rarely hear anyone say that Belichick didn't utilise Brady well.

So basically you have a full house but you willing to trade up your pair and hopefully get a 4 of a kind?

We have a very successful team. A very young team, that's only going to get better. Why not continue to build our defense. Wilson will handle the offense no matter what.

Changing Pete Carol just seem way too extreme & ridiculous to me.

Because two years in a row we get bounced because of him. A year before that Russell had to play injured the whole year, account for 95% of the offence and still finish 9-7 (with a god awful kicker who cost at least couple games). Three year of failure should be enough to legitimately consider a change.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
rcaido":3b0gbz19 said:
quadsas":3b0gbz19 said:
rcaido":3b0gbz19 said:

We had so many key injuries & had very respectable record & so close to beating a very healthy Packers team on the road.

Pete is fine, we just didn't have enough depth. Imagine we had Carson & Penny. Imagine Disley instead of Hollister. Imagine we had Josh Gordon instead of Turner. How about Britt instead of Hunt.

We win if the guys caught the ball or stop them on 3rd down. Its not pretty but we win way more than we lose.

Since the Seahawks last Super Bowl, five seasons ago the Seahawks have an under .500 win percentage in the playoffs. One of those wins we had to rely on a kicker missing a chip shot to get to the divisional playoff round. Since 2014 our defense has gotten worse each season. In 2019 the Seahawks had statistically one of the worst defenses ever fielded in franchise history, and one of the worst in the entire NFL.

I don't necessarily think Pete is a bad coach, but I do think Wilson masks a lot of his deficiencies. Since 2012 Wilson is tied for most 4th Quarter comebacks at 25 as well as having 32 game winning drives. That is four and a half games per season that has come off of the arm of Russell Wilson with either a 4th Quarter comeback or a game winning touchdown. Not only that Wilson has the highest fourth quarter rating out of any QB since 1990, the Seahawks also have a +269 point differential in the 4th since Wilson has entered the NFL.

This season Wilson was also tied for having the most 4th quarter comebacks at 4 with 5 game winning drives. To put this into prospective most NFL QB's only had one or two. How much of it is really Carroll that is leading these Seahawk teams to winning seasons?

He certainly deserved praise for his Super Bowl run. He put together the decades best defense and likely one of the best defenses of all time. Since our last SuperBowl run in 2014 we've failed to make it past the divisional round as well as having a defense that has declined in each and every year. Carroll's past glory is just that, past tense. With Carroll we're not going to win another Super Bowl. This is a team that is being carried by an exceptional QB right now.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Russ has never missed a start. I don’t honk this has to do with them containing him. They are worried if they will release him for 4 quarters he may get hurt. They are not willing to take the risk.

This is going to happen with Jackson over the next couple of years.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1ef14do1 said:
rcaido":1ef14do1 said:
quadsas":1ef14do1 said:
rcaido":1ef14do1 said:

Since the Seahawks last Super Bowl, five seasons ago the Seahawks have an under .500 win percentage in the playoffs. One of those wins we had to rely on a kicker missing a chip shot to get to the divisional playoff round. Since 2014 our defense has gotten worse each season. In 2019 the Seahawks had statistically one of the worst defenses ever fielded in franchise history, and one of the worst in the entire NFL.

I don't necessarily think Pete is a bad coach, but I do think Wilson masks a lot of his deficiencies. Since 2012 Wilson is tied for most 4th Quarter comebacks at 25 as well as having 32 game winning drives. That is four and a half games per season that has come off of the arm of Russell Wilson with either a 4th Quarter comeback or a game winning touchdown. Not only that Wilson has the highest fourth quarter rating out of any QB since 1990, the Seahawks also have a +269 point differential in the 4th since Wilson has entered the NFL.

This season Wilson was also tied for having the most 4th quarter comebacks at 4 with 5 game winning drives. To put this into prospective most NFL QB's only had one or two. How much of it is really Carroll that is leading these Seahawk teams to winning seasons?

He certainly deserved praise for his Super Bowl run. He put together the decades best defense and likely one of the best defenses of all time. Since our last SuperBowl run in 2014 we've failed to make it past the divisional round as well as having a defense that has declined in each and every year. Carroll's past glory is just that, past tense. With Carroll we're not going to win another Super Bowl. This is a team that is being carried by an exceptional QB right now.
So what you're saying is we've had a Super Bowl roster every year since 2014 and we haven't made it back because, Pete?

rcaido

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":vkcqga0h said:
rcaido":vkcqga0h said:
quadsas":vkcqga0h said:
rcaido":vkcqga0h said:

Besides the Patriots who is more successful than the Seahawks the past decade? Salary Cap happens, you cant keep rookie contracts and pay everyone.

Having the second best out 32 teams isn't enough for you guys? I agree Wilson is one of the greatest and i too wonder what it would be like to see different coaching...Not going to risk it if they keep winning though.

I mean the most successful coaches top 7 has been w/ their team for years. Who would you want to replace Pete?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":36fdjn26 said:
Spin Doctor":36fdjn26 said:
rcaido":36fdjn26 said:
quadsas":36fdjn26 said:

So what you're saying is we've had a Super Bowl roster every year since 2014 and we haven't made it back because, Pete?
Well, we lost a Super Bowl due to an idiotic Carroll decision in 2014 and our 2015 Seahawk team grossly under performed. Statistically we had the number one defense in DVOA, number one defense in points, number 2 in yards an offense that was 7th in total offense with a QB that was at least a contender for all-pro. Despite this we only walked away with 10 wins.

The 2015 season ended the same way this one did. Against Minnesota, and Carolina we started the same way. Important for one half due to an ineffective game plan that involved jamming it up the middle. We won in Minnesota due to Walsh shanking an easy field goal, and we lost in Carolina due to falling behind in the first half. We had a second half rally and we ended up falling. In 2012 and 2018 against the Cowboys same deal. Conservative offense in the first half that failed to do anything. Pete refuses to adjust until the second half if not later. I can say at the very least that has left some potential wins on the table.

Our losses all seem to follow a similar pattern. This is a reoccuring theme now for the Seahawks, how many times to we lose in the same manner before Pete decides to change his approach. It's as if we're living in ground hog day. The cycle keeps repeating itself. Against playoff teams treading water for a whole half or longer and letting the opposing team run up the score is not a valid strategy. It may work when you have one of the best defenses of all time but how often does that happen?