I hate this defense SO much

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The secondary is actually solid. Run defense might have been the worst I've ever seen by any team in any year. That isn't against the 49ers, that is against ANY team.
The problem is the 49ers are one of the best if not the best rushing offenses in the league.

OP
OP
Chukarhawk

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
The secondary is actually solid. Run defense might have been the worst I've ever seen by any team in any year. That isn't against the 49ers, that is against ANY team.
The problem is the 49ers are one of the best if not the best rushing offenses in the league.
agreed

morgulon1

Reaction score
SF is just a better team at this point. It's difficult, but I'm trying not to lose my mind

Fade

Reaction score
Our LB are the worst in the league IMO
That’s are glaring need
You think the the LBers are bad? They are all-pros compared to the DC and coach putting together these garbage plans.

strohmin

Reaction score
This defense is just absolute garbage. I also hate them soooo much but it makes me hate Pete as well because he hasn't put together a good defense since the LOB.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Who is telling the defense to pinch the line? They are getting trapped in between SF's offensive tackles on inside zone shotgun runs. Reason why cmc broke along one because they had 4 extra blockers to washout, irvin, barton, woolen all the way up to diggs. You can only run one direction out of shotgun. Why the hell would you pinch the middle to get bunched? I don think we have a defense. Just not being used correctly.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That was the funny thing about the supposed move to a 3-4. A 3-4 leverages great LB play, and really depends on dialing up pressure from different angles to work.

None of our LBs are worth keeping. Much less leveraging.
Apparently, our plan is to let the 49ers march to the 10 each time, and implode enough to kick FGs each drive? Not sure that is going to work.
But our LBs are playing so poorly, not sure anything will.

And yet, as bad as our LBs are - our DC is worse.

cymatica

Reaction score
Who is telling the defense to pinch the line? They are getting trapped in between SF's offensive tackles on inside zone shotgun runs. Reason why cmc broke along one because they had 4 extra blockers to washout, irvin, barton, woolen all the way up to diggs. You can only run one direction out of shotgun. Why the hell would you pinch the middle to get bunched? I don think we have a defense. Just not being used correctly.
Not sure if it's freelancing or a genius gameplan