I loved the 2005 Seahawks

5280Hawk

Reaction score
But This Team Would Smash Them.

There's no way Matthew and company could have done that last night.

And Oh god, if this Team played the 2005 Steelers in SBXL. it would have been ugly. :)

Polaris

Reaction score
I know this may annoy some of you old-timers (and I am shocked I am saying it myself), but this year's Seahawks remind me a lot more of the 2005 Steelers than then 2005 Seahawks.

Seafan

Reaction score
No, both the 2005 Steelers and Seahawks came out of nowhere. The 2012 Seahawks have had Super Bowl expectations since January. Plus, they are clearly better than either team with the exception of Seattle's 2005 OL.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Polaris":wbmc5wz7 said:
I know this may annoy some of you old-timers (and I am shocked I am saying it myself), but this year's Seahawks remind me a lot more of the 2005 Steelers than then 2005 Seahawks.
Actually, I've been thinking this team reminds me more of the old steroid Steelers from the 70s. A defense that bullies you, beats you down and leaves you looking for the exit. A punishing running attack. An opportunistic, but not flashy passing game. More of a relentless machine that grinds you down than a team that dazzles you with its super-stars or stuns you with well-timed high school plays.

One thing these Hawks have in common with the Rapist-led Steelers bunch is that they are a young team at the beginning of their run whereas the Seattle team that year was a veteran crew that finally came into its own.

Sac

Reaction score
Wilson is far more efficient and effective than Bradshaw or Rapistburger were.

Polaris

Reaction score
What I meant was that of the two from 2005 (Seahawks or Steelers), this year's hawks reminded me more of the Steelers.

That said, the sort of team that our hawks this year remind me of the most are the old Raiders teams of the late 1970s and early 1980s.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Polaris":2ac5rt69 said:
...the sort of team that our hawks this year remind me of the most are the old Raiders teams of the late 1970s and early 1980s.
Yeah, those were the other squads that came to mind, and probably a more apt comparison. The steroid Steelers were kind of an all-star squad while those Raiders were a bit more no-nameish.

Edit to add: Also, the '05 Hawks had a decent defense that was made better by a precise, surgical offense. That team had the classic WCO ability to win the coin toss, march down the field and make it 7-0 with half the first quarter eaten up. This year's team is kind of the opposite, with the offense mad more lethal by a defense that just doesn't give up much of anything.

beasthawk

Reaction score
Polaris":2didoaz0 said:
Yup your kinda right, but Big Ben and RW are 2 different men, in almost all ways..

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":uz9an1jw said:
Wilson is far more efficient and effective than Bradshaw or Rapistburger were.
This. You beat me to it Sac. Bradshaw threw way too many picks for my taste and Rapistburger was along for the ride in '05.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
That season I really didn't enjoy the ride I was kinda like I can't believe we are going to the Super Bowl this year I expect it . That's the difference for me