I miss Les - A Radish offseason memory thread

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
We used to talk about our Military service, Motorcycles and just about anything that came to mind.

I remember taking a long hiatus from .net because of Doug Farrar. Les was the only person that stayed in contact with me during that time. He is truly one of a kind, and for me, is permanently woven into the fabric of this website.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
sekiuHAWK":3h60odwy said:
I always think of Les as happy in heaven... with a Seahawks Superbowl ring on his finger...

Amen brother. I'm quite sure of it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know why but this cracked me up...From a Bleacher Report article (I beg your forgiveness)...I was thinking about Les in heaven, football, etc...

Is there football in heaven?

Well who knows, since as the old song says “in heaven there is no beer, that’s why we drink it here,” and a heaven without beer would be kind of a dull place. We’re not sure if there’s football in heaven, but all agree that there is definitely soccer in hell. It goes on and on with the score 0 to 0, forever and ever (just like the World Cup).

(Sorry soccer lovers, couldn't help myself)

OP
OP
RockHawk

RockHawk

Reaction score
Aros":l1q3o5tz said:
My friend, what a wonderful tribute to our dearly loved Les and of course Darlene as well.

I know he would crack some joke right now if he was still among us about how sappy we are getting about him, but that would also illustrate who he was to us even without trying.

I know Les well enough to know that he would tell us to get our butts together again! He SO valued the friendships that .NET built through the years and nothing would honor him more than if we somehow could manage some kind of .NET reunion AND UNION of the newest members as well! After all, Les looked at ALL of us .NET members as family, period.

It didn't matter to him how many months or years you were affiliated with .NET. All that mattered to him is that you were family once you started posting here. Man, that's not something you can buy every day in a person.

This is why so many of us miss him. You can't fake that kind of genuine love and respect, even for a stranger.

My vote is that we have a .NET reunion/union bash in Cheney, WA to honor Les, his lovely wife Darlene, and everything that is good and wonderful right now in being a 12!

My vote is next Summer...June, July or August in Cheney...Just as Les would like it...Suffering fools gladly!

;)

I'm in... I'd love nothing more than this.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
RockHawk":3mtktalv said:
Aros":3mtktalv said:
My friend, what a wonderful tribute to our dearly loved Les and of course Darlene as well.

I know he would crack some joke right now if he was still among us about how sappy we are getting about him, but that would also illustrate who he was to us even without trying.

I know Les well enough to know that he would tell us to get our butts together again! He SO valued the friendships that .NET built through the years and nothing would honor him more than if we somehow could manage some kind of .NET reunion AND UNION of the newest members as well! After all, Les looked at ALL of us .NET members as family, period.

It didn't matter to him how many months or years you were affiliated with .NET. All that mattered to him is that you were family once you started posting here. Man, that's not something you can buy every day in a person.

This is why so many of us miss him. You can't fake that kind of genuine love and respect, even for a stranger.

My vote is that we have a .NET reunion/union bash in Cheney, WA to honor Les, his lovely wife Darlene, and everything that is good and wonderful right now in being a 12!

My vote is next Summer...June, July or August in Cheney...Just as Les would like it...Suffering fools gladly!

;)

I'm in... I'd love nothing more than this.

We'll be there for sure. Let us know when and we'll fly the Seahawks Flags from Boise to Cheney... :thirishdrinkers:

Vetamur

Reaction score
For being a long time member here I had relatively little interaction with Les.. I guess I need to up my "PM warranted" message game.. I actually remember at one point feeling left out as seemingly the only regular who'd NEVER gotten a "check your PM"s message from him.

The closest I came was a dust up that started in the game forum.. it was over the dumbest of things, and as such things go, I cant even remember what it was. But he called me out, we got to PMing and he quickly realized he was in the wrong that time.. but he didnt come out and say it.. he danced around it essentially saying "hey, can you let an old codger whos had a few game time drinks dress you down just one, for old time sakes?" ...and so I did.

Not too long before he passed I had plans to do the Louis and Clark route backwards and he immediately PMed me with tons of info and insights on how to do it right. And I was grateful.

He was a special man.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
As far as a 'One more Kick-a-Poo BBQ,' you can deal me in!! It ain't that far a drive. :thirishdrinkers:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'd be in too. Would be really nice to meet a bunch of you.
Plus it'd be another excuse to ride my bike over there besides visiting family in Spokane Valley.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
If we need a back yard in which to cook way too much food come on over. I just need the recipe for 'kick-a-poo'.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I didn't know Les very well but we did exchange a few pms on guns ect and I have kept those.As I read about him in here I feel like I know him and wish I had met him.I hope you guys have that Spokane tribute,thats a honor Les deserves.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
Re: Woke up this morning - still SB XLVIII Champs!
Sent: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:49 am
To: ChiefHawk

Subject: Woke up this morning - still SB XLVIII Champs!

ChiefHawk wrote:
Turned on the news first thing....Wasn't a dream -

That was me exactly. lol

Les
On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Miss that guy.

One of the best laughs I had was from when I first started on here and being a wise ass, I posted a photo a "who are you " photo thread.

It wasn't me, it was a picture of a hillbilly Family and a guy in a Tshirt that read Giant Penis, and I claimed the kids name was Li'l Tavaris.

Les sent me an email saying "what a beautiful family!"

I felt like an ass and every check you PM was then answered with yes sir. Good guy

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":z7kz98t0 said:
Miss that guy.

One of the best laughs I had was from when I first started on here and being a wise ass, I posted a photo a "who are you " photo thread.

It wasn't me, it was a picture of a hillbilly Family and a guy in a Tshirt that read Giant Penis, and I claimed the kids name was Li'l Tavaris.

Les sent me an email saying "what a beautiful family!"

I felt like an ass and every check you PM was then answered with yes sir. Good guy
Good to see you Strap. Been awhile. And thanks for the share.

i5roadrunner

Reaction score
Funny, it has been a while since I was on .net, but logged in tonight to post something and the first thing I thought of was, I sure miss Les. Then I came to the main page and saw this post. :les:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Les was always Pithy Radish to me, smart and prescient, fun and friendly, he was an Icon here and will never be forgotten. Nor will his kickapoo joy juice that was the source of many slow mornings for those who attended TC when it was still Cheney and had the good fortune to visit with Les and Darlene. He had a way of scolding you if you stepped over the line that was like an uncle who you knew was due your respect. Besides that he had a mischievous sense of humour and sure liked chatting up the ladies. He is greatly missed!

I only got to meet Les and his wife once in person at the second .net party @ Belltown Billiards where we were all graced by a very pretty Seagal (Kirsten, Kira,???) who cared enough to show up, and apparently posted on the site from time to time. Her name escapes me presently, but she too was well regarded here, was a credit to the Hawks organization, and very darn nice. She went to LA after her time as a Seagal ended and was in several photo shoots, was a Maxim girl, and was in some small parts after that. Dinosaurs still roamed the earth back then. If anyone recalls her name it'd be nice to be reminded of it.

We got to meet quite a few off the old timers that night and had a great time, Thanks again Todd!

Rocket

Reaction score
When he first found out where I was from, he preceded to tell me about all the merchants and people he knew from the area... it was pretty wild, and so was he.
It's amazing how the death of someone I'd never met could affect me the way his did... and still does.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I also would be interested in a meet up. Just need to know when and where. I may even bring up the camper to be safe. I do have a friend up north of there just south of Cusick.

Latest posts