I still can't believe what I just saw

cymatica

Reaction score
Polk738":2cp1qpus said:
I don't understand how they can be so un-creative in the running game-3 straight hand offs to Lynch up the middle that went no where, no crack toss to Homer on the outside? No screens to Lynch, such boring conservative play calling.

I've tried to bring this up and I'm told I don't know what I'm talking about and every offense is pretty much the same... Yeah ok

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":3e58r7xq said:
MontanaHawk05":3e58r7xq said:
quadsas":3e58r7xq said:
MontanaHawk05":3e58r7xq said:
Pass first fetishist.

more like using our best player the way he should be used fetishist

And what would you do when we abandoned the run entirely and all of a sudden defenses simply shift back entirely into coverage since they don't have to guard the run?

What would you do when pass-first...just yielded the same result?

Or when Russell Wilson throws a pick?

No, you don't abandon the run but you would think you could call something other than dives up the middle. You don't think you could throw in a draw, toss, jet sweep, or a screen?

You don't want to call a screen with this offensive line in its current state. It's get blown up for a loss of six yards.

Toss to whom? They were nice to Rashaad Penny, but nobody else on this team has proven themselves enough of a lightning bolt.

Nobody likes draws.

Jet sweeps to...Lockett? Just putting him in there alerts the defense that one might get tried.

Face it, we don't have the personnel to run anything interesting. THAT is the best way to criticize Pete right now. Same on defense.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Why doesn’t anyone put some of the first half woes on Russ? Only in the second half will Russ escape the pocket and run down field. He never does this in the first halves. In the second quarter he could of ran for 4-5 yards on a few plays but he stays in the pocket or scrambles and throws it away. Russ very seldom runs up field on the first half. He holds the ball way too long. He has to work on his internal clock and once it hits three seconds he needs to either make the throw or look to run up field. Russ also doesn’t audible enough. He takes the play they give him and that’s it. Once we get down or it’s the fourth quarter then, he starts to run and make quicker decisions.

Can’t put this all on the coaching staff. Russ needs to take of this on him.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
zchurch74":c19m16ia said:
Why doesn’t anyone put some of the first half woes on Russ? Only in the second half will Russ escape the pocket and run down field. He never does this in the first halves. In the second quarter he could of ran for 4-5 yards on a few plays but he stays in the pocket or scrambles and throws it away. Russ very seldom runs up field on the first half. He holds the ball way too long. He has to work on his internal clock and once it hits three seconds he needs to either make the throw or look to run up field. Russ also doesn’t audible enough. He takes the play they give him and that’s it. Once we get down or it’s the fourth quarter then, he starts to run and make quicker decisions.

Can’t put this all on the coaching staff. Russ needs to take of this on him.

John63?

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
Check this out: The last 3 playoff games the Seahawks have been completely shut down in the run game. 1-2 in those games with the only win coming against a banged up Philly team. The Dallas game they only rushed for 70 yards, the Eagles game they rushed for 64, and today they rushed for 110 but Wilson had more than half of those yards. Wilson had a few mess ups today.....a missed wide open receiver and not seeing a blitz from the outside. But why they weren't rolling Wilson out more often early in the game I have no idea. GB rolled Rodgers out from the get-go and never looked back.