I think the media just loves the Wild Card Darling...

korboko

Reaction score
Whatever if it was the 2008-09 New York Giants, the 2010-11 Green Bay Packers, the 2005-06 Pittsburgh Steelers, the 2005-06 Carolina Panthers, and this year's San Francisco 49ers. They want to see the underdog achieve the improbable. So, I'm not really offended when it seems like the majority is picking the 49ers. Think of this way, if the Seahawks had beaten the Falcons last year... everyone would been talking about how dangerous the Seahawks are.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well at least one wildcard team has gone to the Superbowl the last several seasons. Hope we end that run today.

Mizak

Reaction score
So, 3 straight years a wild card team has won the Super Bowl, correct?

Happybelly

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3k3a5vyq said:
Well at least one wildcard team has gone to the Superbowl the last several seasons. Hope we end that run today.

A Wild Card team hasn't made the Super Bowl since the Packers. Other teams may have played in the Wild Card round, but they still won their divisions.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Happybelly":278d6elb said:
Blitzer88":278d6elb said:

A Wild Card team hasn't made the Super Bowl since the Packers. Other teams may have played in the Wild Card round, but they still won their divisions.

I should of clarified, a team that has played in the wildcard round of the playoffs has been in the Superbowl more often than not lately.

Reaction score
Yeah...don't forget, the media couldn't stop talking about we were the hot team last year at this time.

Latest posts